His love for her

BeccaH

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 11:32 am
i need some help with this topic. It is Mothers Day today and my W and I spoke last night (we are in a LDR) that he was very sad and cried all day because he would be going to his LWs grave with his son and stepdaughter. I understand that some holidays and dates and birthdays are going to be hard. But, last night he admitted to me that he still loves her. I get he will always love her, but giving the factor that him and I are going to be together for a year now, he's never said he loves me. His response to me a couple of months ago was "sooner rather then later I'll fall in love with you". That never sat pretty with me. We have been talking about me making the move to the MW in a couple of years and possibly starting a family together. But he continues calling her his wife and the Mrs.'s which hurts me. He claims he's ready to move on but I don't think he is. He also said he feels guilty for not missing her bc in the later years she completely changed so he's missed the woman he married. Which brings him all the bad memories of her. I know for a fact I make him happy and he's never been so comfortable in his own skin since he's been with me and we both feel like we were both meant to be together. I told him I understand he's going to love her forever. But why can't he realize that he can love someone else too. He told me he wasn't going to speak to me at all today bc it's morhers day. I agreed he could spend te day with his family but I feel like he's shutting me out too. And he'll only reach out to me when it's more emotionally convenient for him. I don't think that's fair and I don't think its right for him to shut me out like this. I want to be with him through the good and the bad but it seems to me he only wants me around when he wants me there or when he needs help with his son and sometimes home life. I don't know what else to do. My emotions are all in a jumble at the moment. I've never been with a widower and I don't know the dos and donts on coping with it all.

jespah

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 01:17 pm
@BeccaH,
How long since he was widowed (I am assuming that's what your shorthand means - sometimes the abbreviations can get confusing).
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 01:50 pm
@jespah,
looking at past threads, her boyfriend has been widowed just over a year
0 Replies

BeccaH

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 01:53 pm
@jespah,
A little over a year now.
jespah

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 02:30 pm
@BeccaH,
I doubt that's enough time for him to process it all. It also sounds like you started dating not too long after her death. Even if they were on the outs at the time, that's got to have affected him.
BeccaH

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 04:45 pm
@jespah,
It does seem soon to have started dating. And we had had discussions about it since he was recently widowed and I was in the process of a divorce.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 05:48 pm
Step back this day and be supportive of his grieving family. Its more than him, its the entire family thats processing this day.

Onr or two years is not enough time to be ready for another relationship and for you to feel he has to tell you he loves you, imho.

You are his "today" woman and im sure he appreciates what you two have, but more time is needed before he is going to be able to let go of the past.

Has he gone to grief counseling?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 06:25 pm
@PUNKEY,
this is the 4th thread on the same guy

worth taking a look back

http://able2know.org/user/beccah/topics/

they started dating a few months after he was widowed and while she was still living with her husband
BeccaH

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 07:28 pm
@PUNKEY,
No I don't think he has. He tried to keep his feelings inside since that's all he's been used too. He has opened up more to me then anyone.
0 Replies

BeccaH

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 07:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you for making it so much more easier for me to open up online to cope with me dating someone that's a widower. I never thought I would be dating someone who has lost his wife. And this is why I come here, to reach out to people who have or those who can help me as I have no one to reach out to because no one I know has dated a widow or widower.

I was living with my ex as we were getting divorced and I was dating someone new. You are no one to judge me and what I do with my life. If you have nothing productive to say or something that can actually help me, please stop following my " Threads". I'm reaching out to people who can help me as an individual be a better partner and be a better person for him and for myself. I'll be more then happy to let people know MY situation. No need to have my own personal commentator.

THANKS
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 07:45 pm
@BeccaH,
Not judging you.

People can offer more useful advice if they understand a bit more of the back story. Some may have forgotten the advice they gave you a few months ago.
BeccaH

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 08:03 pm
@ehBeth,
That's perfectly fine, but if anything, since in the one in this predicament, I'll be more then happy to let people know of my story. This is hard on me as it is and am not really looking for people belittling me on the situation. I lived 10 years of someone doing that to me and am not looking for you or anyone to continue doing so.
jespah

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 07:06 am
@BeccaH,
She's not belittling you. She is providing the back story - and even if you don't feel like repeating yourself, anyone can click on your name and get a link to all of your posts.
BeccaH

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 09:50 am
@jespah,
I don't mind explaining it. I know people can read my previous posts.
0 Replies