Headed for divorce I think...please help?

SCoates

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 02:55 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
One of the questions to explore in counseling is that you may be blaming your husband because you are bored with yourself.

Your husband is not responsible for offering you are reason for being. You are.

I would add that you probably love him more than you realize. Your situation doesn't need to be ideal or thrillingly romantic to love each other. And councelling can also help you better realize the many ways you do love and care for him.
0 Replies

justanotherhousewife

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 06:48 pm
As you can tell, I edited my posts because after I told him that we needed help....I got scared he might be able to find this site as easily as I found it.

You all have been very honest with your advice. I don't feel condemned....I do realize that I am very at fault here and was/am being selfish. Our shakey marriage was already affecting our kids more than I'd care to admit I guess. Regrettably, we brought them into the world when we probably shouldn't have and now, more so than me finding a great sex partner, I/we need to do what is best for them.

Thank you so much for all your advice. I don't know if I will be back to update or not. I spent a pretty penny on some books today and we will start our search for a therapist tomorrow.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 07:22 pm
That's wonderful that you're being so proactive. Good luck.
0 Replies