Does my ex still like me?

Tue 3 May, 2016 06:23 pm

Hi guys

So for the last 6 months or so I've had heaps of confusion regarding my ex boyfriend. We were only dating for a short period of time and we weren't actually officially dating because we never labelled what we were, then we mutually broke it off for a reason I'll never know maybe a month in. Whilst we were together it moved super fast and we were overly affectionate and basically saying we loved each other really quickly. We had a really special bond that I've never felt with anyone else. And I know it sounds way too fast but we had a really special connection.

After we broke up we didn't speak for a few months. I saw him not long after that and he hugged me and was pretty nice. But then at the end of that night we both managed to piss each other off and he ended up saying he didn't have feelings for me anymore. I've seen him heaps since then and every time I've been with someone else and he always hangs around and watches and talks to his friends about it and gets really mad. He saw me kissing someone not that long ago and as soon as I left he drunk texted me, then the night after was all cold towards me. But I've heard that he's only said really nice things about me and how much he likes me and I thought he hated me. It's so confusing because he either talks to me nicely or is really horrible to me. Anyways it's been a while since all that's happened and I saw him the other night and we ended up kissing and then one thing led to another and we had sex. And now I'm even more confused. He was so affectionate and it felt like it used to be he was really cuddly and all over me and kissed me really nicely goodbye the next day.

But I know we won't text each other because we're both really stubborn and don't want to get into a serious relationship because of circumstances and if we start texting again I think we both feel it might lead to that... But I'm sure to see him out again soon.

So I guess my questions are:
Does he still have feelings for me based on all of that?
Why did he so willingly have sex with me, and are exes that affectionate, like does that mean he still has feelings for me?
How do I act when I see him next, like what happens from here do you think he would want a casual relationship with me based on that?

Thanks heaps
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,038 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed

CoastalRat

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:42 am
@Forgottonlove,
Quote:
Does he still have feelings for me based on all of that?
He might. I still have "feelings" for a couple of exes from long ago. I have "feelings" for a good single female friend of mine. But I am madly in love with my wife of 34 years. There is a big difference. He may have feelings, but may not wish to pursue those feelings and develop a relationship. You would need to talk to him about that.

Quote:
Why did he so willingly have sex with me,
Because you are female and was willing to put out for him. Sadly, it does not mean a great deal in today's society.

Quote:
and are exes that affectionate, like does that mean he still has feelings for me?
Exes can be affectionate. But it is good to keep in mind that there is a reason they are exes.

Quote:
How do I act when I see him next
I subscribe to the theory that it is best to just be yourself. Act as you always have around him. If something is going to develop, then it will.

Quote:
do you think he would want a casual relationship with me based on that?
This is the wrong question at this point. The real question is what kind of relationship do you wish to have with him. Are you wanting more than a casual relationship? Are you wanting more than a roll in the hay whenever you feel a bit horny? Or are you wanting a relationship of the more lasting variety? Once you figure out what you want, then you can talk to him about what he wants and see if your wants line up.

I would suggest that you should proceed with caution because of this statement.
Quote:
It's so confusing because he either talks to me nicely or is really horrible to me.
Someone who cares about you and your needs is not going to be apt to be really horrible toward you simply because you mutually broke things off and are not currently together. I have been treated poorly by girls I dated prior to getting married, but I never went around speaking horribly about them. And if he still had feelings for you I don't think he would have done so either. So maybe the sex with you was just what I hinted it could be earlier and you were simply a convenient place to stick it.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

0 Replies