Match Maker, Match Maker......

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:57 pm
Brambles sound good to ya, bunny?

You know I used to like walking around in the brambles until I found out that it is a well-known place for gay guys to go and have casual sex with strangers. Now it kind of scares me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:58 pm
What part, the casual sex, or the fear of being a stranger?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:07 pm
Very clever, Cav.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
Oh, my goodness.There's the original hippie. Another damned redhead. Just invited Panz, Hamal, and Dys to join us and defend their honor.

Where in the world are the Brits? They're always running the briars and the brambles where a rabbit wouldn't go.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
Bre'r Rabbit LIKED brambles....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:24 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Where the smeg have you been bunny? Vacationing in Tasmania I presume.

Queensland.

No brambles there, as far as I could see.

What the smeg is this about Tasmania?

I so hope you don't mean like in the Tasmanian jokes!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:26 pm
dlowan, If you'll protect me from those sexual predators, I'll find us a good little spot in the bramble...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:28 pm
kickycan wrote:

You know I used to like walking around in the brambles until I found out that it is a well-known place for gay guys to go and have casual sex with strangers. Now it kind of scares me.

What? Like you think it's catching, or something? Or like, someone is gonna grab the wrong stranger?

People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name

(Damn the young! That was down as by Echo and the Bunnymen!)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:29 pm
kickycan wrote:
dlowan, If you'll protect me from those sexual predators, I'll find us a good little spot in the bramble...

Oh - I'm packing small tactical nukes - I can protect you from ANYTHING - except prickles....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:36 pm
Well, Deb. The Song of the South is still kickin' around somewhere. And I love that "When you're Strange"....damn bunch of vampires, as I recall.

Actually, I love the songs from Fiddler on the Roof.

Artist: Lyrics
Song: Sunrise, Sunset Lyrics

(Tevye)
Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?

(Golde)
I don't remember growing older
When did they?

(Tevye)
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he get to be so tall?

(Golde)
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?

(Men)
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

(Women)
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

(Tevye)
What words of wisdom can I give them?
How can I help to ease their way?

(Tevye)
Now they must learn from one another
Day by day

(Perchik)
They look so natural together

(Hodel)
Just like two newlyweds should be

(Perchik & Hodel)
Is there a canopy in store for me?

(All)
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

Nope, refuse to get down in the doldrums tonight.

Jes, are you certain that Region will just stand by and let you watch as Joe takes off his baseball togs? Sheeze. Chicago is a toddlin' town.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:37 pm
dlowan wrote:
kickycan wrote:

What, like, someone is gonna grab the wrong stranger?

It's just that sometimes I'll walk around there and there will be some guy just standing alone, like some gay vulture, just waiting for some new piece of meat to munch on. And then if I'm alone, they always try to make eye contact, and it's just kind of creepy, that's all. It's not all that uncommon, either. It kind of pisses me off, because I used to really like the damn bramble.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:38 pm
"When You're Strange" was by the Doors, no?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:39 pm
Si.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:51 pm
I have a very shy Irish/American that I'm trying to coax into joining us. Come on Mikey. Don't be a little match girl. Smile

I'm certain that Bo will be late to the party as usual.

Hmmm. Walter is around somewhere teaching McTag how to speak with a proper German accent. Sorta late for them, however. They need to wait til the midnight hour, I guess.

Drom has turned in...but not into a bat.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:04 pm
Hmmmm. got to go order Italian from a Greek restaurant. Later, folks.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:05 pm
I don't want him to take off the baseball togs. I'm kinda kinky that way.

The cleats, though, will have to go.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:08 pm
Very Happy ...Jes, you are a riot. laughin'..... gone.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:50 pm
D'art, I had no idea the Doors sang that song behind "The Lost Boys."...and I just figured out why Google is speaking in Greek. Duh!

Well, I am now putting song to movie.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 06:06 pm
I've practiced matchmaking only once.

Oli, my wife's best friend was down, out, overweight and just dumped by a man who didn't deserve her. She had long teary phone conversations with my wife one day after the other.

One night, I noticed that one of the paper's editors, Obi, the subject of all the "fat" jokes, had sweaty hands.
"That's why I don't have a girlfriend", he said.
"That's no excuse. My friend Raul is uglier than you, has sweatier hands and has been married six times", I replied.

(While the editor is easygoing and a great tenor, Raul can't sing or dance and has little sense of humor but his first wife says he has other, ummm, interesting attributes, plus he is a reknown journalist.)

My wife and I talked about it, and arranged a double date.
We had to warn both members of the couple-to-be.
"She's is very pretty, she's cultured and fun. Loves computing. Overweight, yes, but not excessively. She's 30. Take a shower, eh?"
"He's a great tenor, waiting for a break in his singing carrier. Not very handsome, but very informed. Loves cinema and computing. Overweight, yes, but not excessively. He's 27. Put yourself pretty".

We went to a bar and ordered a bottle of tequila, and Squirt. It looked like doom when I saw him dressed "as his best" . She dressed as unsexy as can be. She told him she was 34, and that her brother was in the seminary school. Then he told her he was 25 and started talking about some obscure "street theater" group. So I drank more tequila, and tried to serve them. They seemed to want to stay sober.

A soccer game, the Mexican tournament semi-final appeared on the giant screen. Luckily, without sound. They both hate soccer. Well, that was something, at least.

My wife and I went dancing, with resignation. When we came back to our table, they both were making a chorus to a famous song of Los Enanitos Verdes, an Argentinian rock group: "I'm standing on the wall that divides everything what was before from what will be from now on". Good sign. I tried to serve more tequila. I was thirsty myself.

My wife and I went dancing again. From over the other dancers' heads I could glimpse our friends were kissing. Later -when a slower tune was played- they joined the dancers, but cared more about kissing and touching each other, with growing passion.

We had to drink some more tequila to celebrate it. I ordered another bottle.

After a while, the girls went to the toilet, and Obi said to me: "What an interesting woman! She's extraordinary". Similar things, but with more detail were told to my wife by Oli.

I can't remember much more of that December night. I remember my wife drove home. I remember I had the worst hangover and didn't report to work the next day. Neither did Obi.

Later, we found out that they went to Oli's house and broke the bed. They fell in love and lived together for a while (it felt good to see Obi arrive to work with his bag of home-made sandwiches). Their relationship lasted two and a half years (from dec. 1999 to mid 2002). They're still close friends.
0 Replies

Hamal

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 06:07 pm
Geez I never even thought of it but.. I guess I played the game one time though it was a bit of an accident.
While back, I met a really cool girl but the chemistry was just not there. A friend of mine kept mentioning to me about how he thought she was really good looking, cool, ect.. Wanted to know if we were serious and all that. It just seemed to happen naturally so I dropped the initial mentioning of interest to her and made myself scarce. That was over a year ago, they just got married last month!

Thinking about it though, it's really out of character for me. I never do stuff like that. I come from the attitude that *you* have to make it happen yourself. I usually wont tell women I know that friends of mine are interested. In fact I make it a point not too, the guy needs to step up if he has something to say. Anyway.. I guess I slipped ha ha!

I have to say im very happy for them, he is a really good guy too. I think she is young honestly, and hopefully they are not just in love with the idea. It's just strange thinking that I had something to do with it, if they have kids does that make me a small god? lol - just a joke, but it's weird to think it might not have happened otherwise.
0 Replies