Why does my boyfriend do that??

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:00 pm
My boyfriend and I have been together 6 years going on 7 years this summer. We are in a long distance relationship and hope To end the distance this year as I graduate in 2 months. I feel like I do all the work in our relationship he rarely rings me which upsets me, we've talked about getting engaged saying that he wants to but hasn't proposed, I am very frustrated with him at the moment. I try to talk to him but it's like talking to a wall and at times he ignores my calls what do I do??

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:04 pm
@Kiraz123,
Quote:
what do I do?

What do you want to do? Do you want to marry someone who isn't interested any more? Do you want to find someone else? You need to find out if he is still seriously interested.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:08 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
What do I do?

You get to know him, and YOU see if you really want to marry him.

How long has this "long distance" been going on? Is this an arranged marriage?

You don't even know him and it does not sound like he knows you.
Kiraz123

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:13 pm
@PUNKEY,
This year it will be 7 years and I spend each summer with him and his family and visit 3 other times a year for a week at a time, no it's not arranged I had to get my education before I left my country
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:15 pm
@Kiraz123,
It's Out of sight, out of mind when it come to young men.

0 Replies

Kiraz123

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:21 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
He says he is seriously interested and wants me to move close to him and I've applied for jobs too. His excuse is this is the type of person I am but he's only started to be like this if I'm honest
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:40 pm
@Kiraz123,
Maybe things will change once you can get close to him.

I don't know what to tell you: long distance relationships are difficult with young men. How old is he?
Kiraz123

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:57 pm
@PUNKEY,
I suppose your right, it's hard on us both.. I'm going there next month for job interviews and to spend time with him I'll hopefully clear thing up then.. He's 29 years old
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 05:53 pm
@Kiraz123,
Kiraz123 wrote:
I try to talk to him but it's like talking to a wall and at times he ignores my calls

why are you in a relationship of any kind with him?

I wouldn't want someone like that as a friend, let alone as a lifelong partner.
0 Replies