Hillary Clinton Get's it. Will her supporters listen?

Lash

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 01:37 pm
@Blickers,
Hey! A link! I'm thumbing you up for that!

Content,...ho hum.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 06:21 pm
@farmerman,
I'm not a Berner who might be able to tolerate HRC.

I can't vote for Trump and I can't vote for HRC.

I think that ALL things considered, Trump will be a marginally better president than HRC, but that's like saying that all things considered a Dachshund will make a better Guard Dog than a Pomeranian.

He might be a better president than HRC but he still will be a lousy one. Just because he's the only viable choice other than her doesn't mean I have to vote for him. I don't buy that not voting for him is effectively a vote for her, but if it is...who cares? They both suck.

By voting for Johnson, I'm not voting for Trump or Clinton, I'm voting for Johnson. Sure, he has little to no chance of winning, but before this is all over, if you are a Clinton supporter, someone will tell you she has no chance of winning and the same is the case if Trump is Your Guy. In such a case, what are you supposed to do? Vote for the person everyone tells you is "sure" to win so that you can mimic Louis Tiant and growl "It's great to be with a Weiner!"?

Voting for someone; anyone, is never a wasted vote. Never.

Voting for someone is never voting for someone else. Never.

You have one vote and if you died on November 1st, the fact that you didn't cast your one vote won't mean anything. Neither HRC, nor Trump will win by one vote.

Stop thinking like your vote will determine the election (because it won't) and vote for the person you think with make the best president of the lot, not who will make the least worst, and certainly not simply because they won the mantle of the tribe of which you desire to be a member. You are not responsible for who becomes president, but you are responsible for remaining true to your convictions. If you think HRC or Trump will make horrible presidents, don't vote for them! It does the country no good whatsoever to put a horrible person in the White House because they are a little less horrible than their opponent.

Unless you're happy declaring yourself a member of any given tribe, you have no obligation to vote for any given tribe's chieftain. That's the rub though, people are desperate to be respected members of a tribe...regardless of whether or not anyone admits the tribe exists. They are also desperate to be "winners."

Whether it's voting or any other human activity, you as an individual engaging in that one act are pretty insignificant in the Big Picture, however you are NOT insignificant as an individual, unless you surrender yourself to what others expect and demand of you. What you think is right not only matters, it is all that matters. Do what you think is right and don't pay attention to all the bullshit spewed by people who want to co-opt your vote.

It's pretty damned simple. Don't vote for a ****-heel, regardless of their party. It's truly idiotic to suggest that Trump is markedly worse than Clinton or visa versa. Neither of them should be president and so if you do anything to help them become president, then you are, in part, responsible for their presidency.

I can't stop either of them becoming president but I sure can see that I'm not in anyway responsible for their presidencies. If no one follows my lead, one of them will win. If everyone follows my lead, one of them will win and it will likely be the same person who wins in either instance. No one's vote will decide the election, and they shouldn't be making their decision based on some silly notion that it will, but even if it did, there isn't any such thing as a lesser of two evils. Evil is evil and someone who is not qualified for the presidency doesn't miraculously become qualified because they are running against someone is even less qualified than them.

No matter which one of these turds you hate more than the other, if you hate both you shouldn't vote for either. A 4 inch turd in the White House isn't any better than a 12 inch one. The way things work means that as a result of this election a pretty big turd will occupy the Oval Office. I would much rather say, at the end of the day, that I did nothing to help either turd stain the White House than I'm able to prefer one piece of **** over another.
Joe1941

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 05:25 am
@maxdancona,
They do listen, the problem is when and if she is being truthful! Wall street wanted either her or Bush.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 04:33 pm
Voting for the lesser of two evils perverts the presidential field until someone as corrupt as Clinton is running against someone as incompetent as Trump.

The two most hated candidates in the history: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-mogulescu/clinton-and-trump-would-b_b_9721128.html

Never vote for the lesser of evils again.
revelette2

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 08:00 pm
Donald Trump's trouble with using Bill Clinton's behavior with women might come back to haunt him. So perhaps the future debates will actually be on the issues rather than on sensational stories.

Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump
Behaved With Women in Private
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 09:52 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
Voting for the lesser of two evils perverts the presidential field until someone as corrupt as Clinton....

Yeah, we don't want the presidential field to get perverted with people who might produce 16 Million Full Time jobs GAINED in two terms, a 16% increase in Full Time jobs by the population as a whole, and 30% increase in Full Time jobs by African Americans. God forbid that happens.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 09:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
from here, it seems surreal US citizens would even consider Trump as a candidate for the US Presidency... If you think she´s more corrupted than any other president you had in the past, you are too naive... Trump remind us live is a circle and we see Trump as another example of the raising "neonazis" movement: no culture, no education, no values, just money and an inferiority complex dealt with a superiority "delirium".... you can´t let a racist, machista and snob candidate be your lider
Blickers

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 09:57 pm
@momoends,
The wheels are coming off the Trump candidacy. After the conventions more folks start paying attention, and these folks tend to be middle of the roaders. Trump's popularity is plummeting.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 09:30 am
@Blickers,
Only one wheel is coming off the Clinton campaign. All of the wheels are coming off of the Trump campaign. So Clinton will limp across the finish line first.

This is the saddest election ever.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 08:41 am
Quote:
Hillary Clinton Get's it.

In a nutshell why Max should not post on language threads.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 09:08 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In a nutshell why Max should not post on language threads.

I love irony.
Blickers

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 10:20 am
@maxdancona,
Quote max:
Quote:
I love irony.

Me too. So does Baldrick from Blackadder:

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 10:47 am
@Blickers,
You hit the nail on the head.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:45 pm
@momoends,
momoends wrote:

from here, it seems surreal US citizens would even consider Trump as a candidate for the US Presidency... If you think she´s more corrupted than any other president you had in the past, you are too naive... Trump remind us live is a circle and we see Trump as another example of the raising "neonazis" movement: no culture, no education, no values, just money and an inferiority complex dealt with a superiority "delirium".... you can´t let a racist, machista and snob candidate be your lider

I haven't made the argument that Clinton is more corrupt than any president we have ever had, but does she have to be to render her unqualified to be president? Isn't it enough that she is thoroughly corrupt?

Is it enough for her supporters to say "Yeah, she's corrupt but Warren Harding was more corrupt!"

You seemed to miss the point I was making in the post to which this is your response.

It doesn't matter to me how vile Trump is, it won't result in me voting for the vile Clinton and it doesn't matter to me how vile Clinton is, it won't result in me voting for the vile Trump.

Now some Clinton supporters have convinced themselves that, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, Clinton is not a corrupt liar of epic proportions. I don't know which is sadder, these folks or the ones who recognize her for what she is and will still vote for her.

Obviously some Trump supporters have convinced themselves he's not a crude, childish bully who lacks integrity and is deliberately appealing to the base instincts of voters, and they too are as sad as the ones who fully understand what he is and still will vote for him.

I don't accept the concept of "lesser of two evils," and it doesn't matter how evil you happen to think Trump is, I'm not buying that Clinton is preferable to him. I don't need to endorse or vote for Clinton to prove I don't want Trump as our president. I don't want either of them, but we are going to get one, and that is the saddest fact of all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Also, when I compare Hillary to Donald, there's not even a contest. Hillary has spent her life helping other people. Trump scammed people to become rich.
That's a choice?
Blickers

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Right has spent 25 years calling the Clintons liars, thieves and murderers. It never worked. Now they're screaming it louder than ever. It's still not working.

This election is going to be extremely dangerous for the aortas of the right wing.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:52 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
This election is going to be extremely dangerous for the aortas of the right wing.

One can hope its a permanent condition. We could sure as hell use a constructive third party.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Yesterday I saw that she made $48 million from speaking engagements, many to banks, on government time. Yeah I get it
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:51 pm
@CVeigh,
On government time?
Blickers

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
She didn't make any fees speaking when she was in office.
0 Replies