On Juanita Broaddrick's accusations of rape by Bill Clinton

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:32 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
What did you expect the guy to do-turn it down?

YES.

Does your wife know you poke strange because after all, how could you be expected to resist?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:30 am
I remember reading at least one article and probably more than one, quoting Monica when she hadn't left for Washington DC yet, that she would "get to him" or some words like that, planning for this kind of adventure.

I don't have any sureness about where I read that, or how believable it was, or, if believable, how serious she was. She was young and likely giddy about the idea, if said; it might have been in jest.

My opinions - it was dumb for both him and her, but understandable, these matters happen, and gee, it's not the worst thing I've ever heard of.
The payback on the 'affair' was rough, mostly but not all, for her. Fooling around at work can be a power mismatch, and even if not, inappropriate, stupid in the long run, and sometimes against company rules. That can add to the fun, I think, at least for some.

Some of the rest of the world was amused that americans got so riled up.
No, I'm not recommending workplace affairs but the bru ha ha about that one was 'explosive'.

On the situation with Juanita Broaddrick's accusations, that seems like a whole different and more serious problem, one to consider at the least. But - I think relating it to this election and Hillary Clinton is off base.
Brand X

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 10:32 am
@ossobuco,
It's already been related to this election. When Hillary went after Trump for being sexist about her bathroom trip during a debate....Trump pointed at Bill. Hillary shut up.
Blickers

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:17 am
@Brand X,
I don't think we have to worry about Trump benefitting from Bill's past. With his spoiled rich kid wealth and ego, you already know Trump has a sexual past to rival Charlie Sheen's, complete with cocaine all over the place and hookers locked in the closet.

It's a miracle that hasn't come out yet.
Brand X

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:24 am
@Blickers,
He already did benefit as I pointed out previously.
Blickers

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:29 am
@Brand X,
Very small benefit so far. And Trump has already tried to compare his sexual adventures when he was younger to being on the battlefield in Vietnam. Thing is, it's not likely those adventures ended in his youth, as his divorce from Ivana and public romance with Marla Maples showed. Trump was middle aged then.

Hillary hasn't gone after Trump on his personal life, but it's just laying there, ready to be used.
Brand X

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:33 am
@Blickers,
Today, or last night, she was hitting him on is 'lavish lifestyle'. Guess Hillary has been living the mundane life of the poor.
Blickers

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:50 am
@Brand X,
Bill & Hillary are doing all right financially, as you would expect an ex President and present day presidential contender to do. But the Clinton's have never pushed their relatively modest wealth as a reason to vote for them. Trump has always pushed his wealth out there as a way of saying, "Look how I live. Wouldn't you love to be me"?
Brand X

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:14 pm
@Blickers,
Part of his job is to cater to the rich like Hillary caters to Wall Street.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:19 pm
@Brand X,
fun radio interview about the car Hillary Clinton took to the White House

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2686841029
Brand X

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, I read that earlier today. She hasn't lived the pampered life at all.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:27 pm
@Brand X,
are you in Canada? (I never expect anyone else to listen to AIH)
Brand X

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:35 pm
@ehBeth,
No, I read it early this morning elsewhere because I was watching a social media discussion and I recalled some pundit mentioning it on TV...so I Googled 'Hillary's car'. The Evening Sun is the site I read it on. I'm in the US.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 01:36 pm
@Brand X,
ah, so you didn't listen to it.
cool
it's a fun interview with some good little gossipy bits (if you like WH trivia)
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:35 pm
@Brand X,
Quote Brand X:
Quote:
Part of his [Trump's] job is to cater to the rich like Hillary caters to Wall Street.

And yet, under Bill Clinton 16 Million Full Time jobs were created in his two terms. All races total increased their Full Time employment by an excellent 16%, and African Americans increased their employment by an amazing 30%.

Then Bush 42 went to the White House and only 2 Million Full Time jobs were created during his two terms.

It's performance that counts, not the latest fashionable innuendos.

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 07:08 pm
@Blickers,
Neither president had much influence on those numbers IMO.
Blickers

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 08:41 pm
@Robert Gentel,
IMO they both did. For real presidents, whether something is good or bad, the buck stops at his desk.
Brand X

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 05:13 am
@Blickers,
Leaping to a totally unrelated subject?

*shrugs*
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 05:35 am
@Blickers,
So Clinton is completely responsible for the decimation of the minority communities his policies imprisoned, and the Wall Street crash his policies set in motion.

I have to say: I'm impressed that you finally admitted it.

Good on you.
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 05:42 am
@Brand X,
This is her stupidest tack so far.

Well, no. After the sexism bullshit, this is the most hypocritical.

I'd be so demoralized to have to make excuses for this lying idiot.

She's squirreled away billions. Hasn't driven in over two decades.
0 Replies