Tell Us Your Dreams A2K

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:04 am
I used to have both of those very often when I was a child and young adult. I seem to have outgrown them now, which makes me wonder what they were all about in the first place.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:04 am
Dreams must be absolutely necessary for our psyche to function properly, eveyone has them, it's just the disturbing dreams leave me scratching my head wondering.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:07 am
I've had what I would call paralyzing dreams where I try to move or scream and I can't.
I don't like those.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:08 am
Why do you think some dreams you can remember vividly while others you can't remember at all? Or just pieces? Sometimes I absolutely hate dreams because I can't figure out what they're trying to tell me. I know some people who say they never dream at all.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:11 am
I would say that everyone dreams but some can't remember dreaming...like me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:11 am
This morning, i awoke before the alarm, well before the alarm, and so was able to go back to sleep. Just before i awoke, i dreamt of the invention of the door. It made me quite cheerful when i did awake.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:13 am
I try very hard to remember my dreams. (I'm not so sure I'd try hard to remember that door dream though, Set.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:14 am
I have read (and can't vouch for it) that a portion of one's brain paralyzes the limbs so that one does not do oneself an injury while dreaming. I have also read that we go through 90 minute sleep cycles, each one ending a period characterized by REM, which is to say dreaming sleep. This suggests that if one sleeps "normally," one goes through five or six dream cycles per night.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:14 am
I can see why it elates Set to have discovered the door. What a great invention...like when I dreamed I discovered the thermos jug.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:16 am
Pan, i remember seeing a squarish block of wood in the "hole" at the front of a trim little hovel, and then heavy rawhide straps were fastened to one side, and to the door post. I recall thinking in the midst of the dream how clever the invention was.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
Hee hee!

Oh, Pan. Makes you sound rather mythic, doesn't it?!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:23 am
I relate so well...I often wonder how the concept of the wheel first entered humanity..or what it felt like to be the first to eat a lobster.
Reminds me of a certain day in Puritan Mass. when a man stood on the courthouse(edit) steps ready to commit suicide by eating a "love apple"...known to be poisonous. When he ate the tomato and didn't fall down dead the crowd rushed him believing he was the devil.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:24 am
explain cookie!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:26 am
http://www.sea-priestess.com/pan.gif
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
Thers me great great....
great grandfather getting ready to make wine.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:33 am
Music's always been a part of our family history....so has hot monkey sex.. Embarrassed
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:42 am
Ah, Soz got in ahead of me!

Pan the Man
Peter Pan

What was it they called him in A Midsummer Nights Dream...

Ah! Robin Goodfellow!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:46 am
No kidding?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:19 am
Actually I'm talking through my hat. That was Puck, not Pan. I'm getting my forest mythology mixed up. (forgive me, it's 3:20am here)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:28 am
A-ha! We have the time zone answer (duh, should've thought of this earlier.) When you posted that it was 1:19 PM EST. So you are 14 hours ahead of us. Or 10 hours behind... :-( (Is it 3:20 AM August 24th for you?)
0 Replies