Tell Us Your Dreams A2K

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:16 am
Sounds logical, Sozobe.

I am still waiting, Professor Panzade!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:21 am
fortune, do you mind rehashing the zombie dream or posting a link if it's in another forum? It sounds very interesting. I had a zombie dream a while back. It was just me and one of my sisters and we were running because everyone around us was a zombie. We were trying to pretend that we were zombies so that they wouldn't catch on and eat us. I decided later that it was because of a place I was working at the time where they were kind of cultish.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:23 am
<snip>
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:25 am
Sorry Soz, didn't mean to cut you off. I too am interested in dreams of mistrust. How do we ever get over mistrusting? Do our trust nightmares ever go away?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:26 am
Embarrassed
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:28 am
I was about to say...

Actually it starts the page before (18)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:30 am
Sorry dear...you post it...I've got three balls in the air....mphfff
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:33 am
Three years 5 months. It probably is a trust issue... Why I don't trust him I can't say. He's never cheated on me in real life. I have insecurity issues as well, so that may be it. BTW, I like your avatar! Tee hee hee
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:34 am
'salright, I like to read backwards.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:35 am
You too?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:36 am
The best dreams I've ever had are flying dreams. If you remember the show "The flying nun" with Sally Field their similar to that, flying across a rolling green landscape (no wings or device to help me).
Another way I've flown is to stand out doors and concentrate real hard and shoot myself upward, if my concentration wanes I float back down. After having one of these I feel more refreshed after waking than usual. I haven't had one in a while but I wish I would.

Any one else?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:37 am
I like Soz's vatar too. What you see is what you get. An empowered Rosie The Riveter. Firm but pliant. Sure of herself and most important, genuine.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:39 am
If your trust issues play out just in your dreams, don't worry about it -- let your dreams do their thing. (I think of it as some sort of resettling of my psyche, a positive thing.) The only thing you have to worry about IMO is how you do or don't express the trust issues. I just made sure to remember that it was my problem, not his, and so not to treat it like it was anything he did wrong.

Lots of possible reasons for trust problems -- I had a direct reason in that my last big relationship had broken up over infidelity, but there are also things like my parent's divorce in the mix.

3 years 5 months, that's pretty long! It would definitely make sense that the timing of your relationship is part of it, the whole "am I going to spend the rest of my life with this person and if not why am I with him/her?" thing.

Anyway, good luck!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:40 am
Gosh, thanks panzade! :-D
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:45 am
Yeah paula, when I was about 10 years old I remember trying to capture the feeling of flying by swinging real high at the park and then jumping out of the swing. The rush was amazing. So was the hospital bill. But I also remember having dreams of flying...flying through dark space with a girl that I was enamored of.
To this day I'm a sucker for Mr. Toad's ride at Disney where you "fly" over London in 1898 or so.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:49 am
Sozobe- That made a lot of sense. Thanks!

Paulaj- You're so right! Flying dreams are the best! ^.^ In my "flying" dreams, this is how I fly.

I'm sitting on a jump-rope like thing. (Imagine the jump-rope is in the shape of a " U " and I'm sitting in the middle.) The handles are my steering wheel and that's how I navigate. Isn't that funny?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:50 am
If you have nerves of steel you should try the bungie ride over the Royal Gorge in Co. They strap you into a swing-like device and fling you out over the edge of the gorge, The gorge is 1053 ft. high.

I'm afraid of heights, maybe my dreams set me free.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:52 am
Mchol

Yes, very funny, and fun! I wish I could make myself have one.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:56 am
I agree paula, our dreams set us free. MLK knew this too.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:03 am
Does anyone have the dream where the'yre in a hurry to get away from something that's chasing them? (A dog, a man....) and then suddenly your legs are paralyzed, your knees fall to the floor, and you can't move? You try so hard to make your legs work but they're deadweight.

Or the dream where you're on top of a high building, or in a moving convertible and you fall? Then you wake up with the gut-wrenching feeling of your heart flying to your throat as you wake up? I usually get this dream when I'm not supposed to be sleeping (hee hee) or I'm trying to stay awake and fall asleep. Do you think this is your body's way of waking you up because it knows you need to be awake??
0 Replies