Tell Us Your Dreams A2K

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:03 am
I've noticed some A2Kers discussing their dreams and thought it would be interesting to read and analyze them. Sort of couch potato psychology.

Do dreams mean anything?

Where do dreams come from?

What did Neandrethals dream about?

Can dreams portend the future?

Freud or Jung?

Not dreaming...a problem?

When are dreams the most vivid?

What time of night?

Are daydreams related?

Does REM have any connection to dreaming?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 10,411 • Replies: 253
No top replies

mchol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:07 am
Ahh! This is an AWESOME thread! Because yesterday I had this TERRIBLE dream. I get this dream every once in a while and it's extremely emotional and vivid. It's about how my hunny bunny is cheating on me with another girl. I ALWAYS wake up crying. What does this mean? I get this dream like every 3-4 months.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:15 am
Oh my! Panz would this have anything to do with zombies?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:17 am
mchol, do you feel secure in your relationship with hunny bunny?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:26 am
Step right up Ms eoe! You have the floor!
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:31 am
Well, we've been together for over 3 years now... and I guess I'm not 100% secure because I can't say I am. I love the guy, and I'm sure it's mutual, but I guess something I can't quite put my finger on is bothering me.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:38 am
Eek I had an anxiety dream this morning (it was after the alarm had gone off and snooze had been hit, er, a coupla times) -

I was stopped in traffic and the police made everyone fill out some sort of form. It was very important for your continuing driving privileges. You had to copy some stuff verbatim from your registration. But you weren't allowed to take a pen out of a pocket or purse, for security reasons.

So I had no pen, and I borrowed it from the person sitting in traffic in front of me (she just turned around and gave it to me, neither of us had to get out of our cars or roll down our windows). It was a black ballpoint pen without a cap. So I started filling in the form, but my writing was too large so I was writing outside the lines.

I finished and put my registration away. Then, when I was just about to hand in my form, I took the registration back out and compared it to the form. The registration form (which had just been sitting in the glove compartment) had somehow changed and I had to scramble to somehow correct my form. I was getting black ink on my hands and was very distressed when I woke up.

-- So, what does it all mean? Well, it's an anxiety dream, much like taking a test when you're not prepared. But after that I'm not sure why my brain selected that kind of plot line.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:42 am
As Jes infers, mchol, it doesn't necessarily mean anything that you're having that dream, mchol -- it just means it's something that worries you as a possibility. I've had a lot of those, especially earlier on in my relationship with hubby.

Hey, have you guys been talking/ thinking about marriage at all? I seem to remember I had more of those dreams about when it became obvious that I was gonna get a proposal soon...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:44 am
Fascinating Jes and Sozobe. It seems maybe men and women have different types of dreams. Or maybe there is a similarity.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:45 am
This is great, I love talking about dreams. I think that dreams are ways of bringing things to our attention that my get pushed away by our conscious thinking.

jespah, I wonder if you have concerns about your job or some other area where you might not be satisfied with your work? The writing outside the lines and getting the information wrong and making a mess of things kind of makes me think of someone who is afraid to make mistakes or feels unprepared (no pen).
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:46 am
Alright Panzade, so what did my zombie dream mean?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:49 am
Or...a different take. Might not be about work. Coloring outside the lines of a coloring book represents individualism and fortitude. To go against the grain of what society expects. Maybe Jespah is struggling with her rebellious side, her independent side.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:52 am
Ooooh, very good. Hey, how does everyone seem to know who is male and who is female? Unless there are avatars that clearly show it I have trouble determining. Maybe I just haven't been on A2K long enough...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:53 am
Bingo
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:54 am
You'll get to know who's who in time, freeDuck.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:56 am
Stand by fraulein Fortune. Ve are vorking on your interpretation....

" Let's see..I'll just google zombies...
Ach du lieber...off course...
Oh! >>>>> Is this thing on?"
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:11 am
sozobe wrote:

Hey, have you guys been talking/ thinking about marriage at all? I seem to remember I had more of those dreams about when it became obvious that I was gonna get a proposal soon...

Well, we do talk about getting married, but we both agree that we won't get married until we have at least a four year degree. And that's gonna be a long time away because I've only got 15 college creds and he about 30. I just don't understand why I have the same dream?? It's not the exact same dream but the same concept. Him cheating on me. Well, I guess time will tell how strong we are. Thanks ^.^
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:14 am
No problem mchol

NEXT!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:14 am
We didn't actually get *married* until a while after the proposal -- even talking about it, saying when it would happen, is the same category I think. For me it was about trust -- it's hard for me to trust, and the dreams were partly (I think) working that out, the concept of trusting him not just now but forever...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:15 am
How long have you guys been together so far?
0 Replies