Tell Us Your Dreams A2K

Eva

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:14 pm
In dreams, my house is often a composite of two or more houses I have lived in.

I do have this recurring dream, though... In it, my family and I keep finding reasons to go back and live in our previous house. (The one we lived in for 14 years before this one...the one we used to think we'd always live in.) The excuses vary. The owner is out of town and we thought we could get away with it, or she's ill and we know she'll be in the hospital for at least two weeks. And we lie to our previous neighbors and tell them we have permission, but we don't. Eventually I get nervous and tell my husband we MUST get out before we are caught and arrested. He always seems oblivious and unconcerned, so then I am rushing around trying to pack up all our stuff and put everything back where she had it. And then, in the nick of time, we get out and drive back to our current house which seems somehow less ours, and I remember that we haven't been here for several weeks and nobody has fed the cats. I always wake up before we discover if the cats are dead. Which, surely they must be. And it terrifies me. I wake up in a sweat.

There, analyze that.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:24 pm
I had a dream that one day the state of A2K, whose hamster's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little A2K aussies and A2K brits will be able to join hands with A2K americans and A2k canadians and walk together as sisters and brothers. I had that dream. I had a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the halls of A2K. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our site into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

Can you hear me, A2K brothers and sisters? Can you join hands with me as we render the hamsters useless. As we regain control of A2K.

Then, and only then, can we shout, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:44 pm
Pass me the MD 20-20...will ya?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:02 pm
So my dream continued tonight. Well, didn't continue, but I was back on the same plane, this time with my best friend from childhood. The plane was also a shopping mall and a hotel, somehow. The friend left for cofee to the shopping mall. Soon after, a stewardess approached me to help her find my friend, for 'they' need to interview her (I was reading a book about 1950s in communist Hungary before falling asleep - construed trials with 'traitors', some were hung, some sent to labor camps...). It was obvious to me they are after her, she'll be arrested and whatnot. But if I didn't help, I would be arrested, too. So I lead the stewardess towards the shopping mall, hoping my friend will be long gone. We cannot find her, I'm quite pleased with myself. Stewardess asks me what's my friend's hotel room. I don't know, hurrah. I actually really don't know. I can't tell them even if they torture me, yay. So I say I don't know and am ready to head back, when my silly friend calls at me from behind - "I'm right here!" They took her. And I stood there and watched as they walk away with her...

the end.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:14 pm
Now THIS dream is a classical case of your communistic
upbringing.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:40 pm
gosh dag...I can't even imagine what you went through as a child...very moving.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:32 pm
Wow gus. what was that?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:15 pm
I'm no expert, Dag, but your dream seems to be about a lack of control over what's happening. Does that make any sense to you?

What do you make of my house dream?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 11:55 pm
Confused Confused Confused

been a lot more busy lately than before? kids growing up, facing the whole getting older thing and thus grasping on to the past, while knowing it's not possible to go back?

howz dat?
as for me, i definitely am walking on the edge. if i added one tiny more thing to my life right now (one more hobby or, alas, a man), all would crumble. it will calm down once the musical is over...eh... sometime in august? of course then i have to think about kosovo and training we'll be doing there this september.... i like being busy though. must find some balance in it is all.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:45 pm
Your dream is also about the threat of losing something that means a great deal to you. Does that strike a chord?

I'm not busier than before, in fact just the opposite. I was too busy for comfort then. On the surface, my dream is simply about liking the old house and neighborhood better and wishing we could have stayed there. Which I do. (A tiny 2-bedroom house wasn't cutting it after my son started growing, though. <Sigh>) But I'm more concerned about the subtext....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:20 pm
hmmm, could be, eva. i have come to terms with the (strong) possibility that i will not settle down, like i planned since i was about 4, with a man, kids, dog, all that.... but perhaps that i will be just as contend (in fact perhaps a lot happier) living on my own. that is a big change for me - unimaginable a few years ago. not that it has to be that way, i won't chase a man away... but it never even has been a possibility. priorities changing, different paths ahead than expected. there is a lot i find freeing and exciting in that, but i really really do want children... which is a bit difficult to combine. perhaps that's why ex-es come into the picture as well.... dunno. we'll see what i dream tonight. as long as i get out of that plane and that hotel, i'll take that as a progress.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:24 pm
Your stream-of-consciousness has just done irrepairable damage to my retinas, dag.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:27 pm
like i said.... i won't chase a worthy man away.

so come on over, gus...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:28 pm
wait.... you do want to breed some progeny, right?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 03:27 pm
Well, if you do have progeny (in your dreams) and need a nice house to stay in, I have a perfectly good one that's not being used. Wink
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 03:53 pm
ha. i did have a worthy man in my dream last night. i was shopping for mirrors with my handsome talented theatre director. they were actually mylar reflective films, not glass mirrors, and it was set up like a textile store. we walked around, testing the quality between fingers. i have a huge crush on him and he is hugely, 110% gay. i mean, he did drag shows for living and he founded this theatre that consists mostly of gay guys... sigh.
not much to read into - i do know about the crush, and i was looking for mylar films yesterday evening online...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 03:55 pm
Eva wrote:
Well, if you do have progeny (in your dreams) and need a nice house to stay in, I have a perfectly good one that's not being used. Wink

what if i have gus's progeny in my dream. does the offer still stand? can you imagine what such progeny can do to your house?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:50 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
ha. i did have a worthy man in my dream last night. i was shopping for mirrors with my handsome talented theatre director. they were actually mylar reflective films, not glass mirrors, and it was set up like a textile store. we walked around, testing the quality between fingers. i have a huge crush on him and he is hugely, 110% gay. i mean, he did drag shows for living and he founded this theatre that consists mostly of gay guys... sigh.
not much to read into - i do know about the crush, and i was looking for mylar films yesterday evening online...

Oh, wow. I can't imagine ANYTHING safer than having dreams about having crushes on gay men!!! <LOL>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:52 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Eva wrote:

what if i have gus's progeny in my dream. does the offer still stand? can you imagine what such progeny can do to your house?

Gus's progeny? Sorry, the deal's off.

No, no, no. Not even in my dreams.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:03 pm
yeah, that's what i thought. I'll keep the rascals in the hotel then and come visit on my own.
0 Replies