Does it pay to remain honest?

FerCantu

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:06 pm
@anthony1312002,
I think that he do the correct desition because he need to be honest with all his job and things that he do and the Honesty is very important because it is what make us be confident with other people because a liar or a cheater can't be trust by other people, and they are bad and do bad things because the honesty is one of the most important things of the humans and it need to be respect because if we are not honest we are bad people and cheaters that can’t help or be honest to others and we are lying us when we lie...
0 Replies

Linker308

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:06 pm
@engineer,
Honesty is the key to becoming a successful person in life as that will identify you by Oscar Ancira
0 Replies

Diego Vazquez

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:53 pm
@anthony1312002,
It was a very good thing to say that you were not going to falsify the report, it is not correct to tell lies and unless you are forced to tell lies. You must sue your ex-boss for saying goodbye.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:47 am
Right-wing capitalists have the cheek to use uniformity despite opposing uniformity. When capitalists use the threat of unemployment, they're benefiting from the very thing they're ostensibly meant to be against.

Yes, people should be honest and not allow capitalists to exploit reality for the sake of being bad boys, which is the very essence of what's going on. Some want to be equal, some want to be bad boys, and the tragedy of uniformity is that its use is only logical from the latter perspective
celebritydiscodave

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 03:57 pm
@Thomas33,
Capitalists only threaten unemployment by way the byproduct of creating money and jobs, for it is the alternative to destroying a business. It`s not right wing, it`s not even left wing, it`s economics. What`s this got to do with honesty anyway? Those that are successful at being dishonest accumulate more wealth than those that are honest, so successful dishonesty can be said to pay.
kk4mds

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 07:40 pm
@anthony1312002,
As an adult, I have always been honest. Sometimes it has worked for me; sometimes it has worked against me. However. I've never had a guilty conscience.
celebritydiscodave

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 02:14 pm
@kk4mds,
On the other hand those that are regularly dishonest tend to erode away their conscience. Had you no conscience left over this matter of honesty what would be your position then? - If to be dishonest meant to have the girlfriend of your dreams, and a better job. With so called dishonesty can come greater honesty. For instance, to lie over one`s age may be to tell the greater truth. I have not as yet revealed my position over dishonesty.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 01:09 am
@celebritydiscodave,
celebritydiscodave wrote:

Capitalists only threaten unemployment by way the byproduct of creating money and jobs, for it is the alternative to destroying a business. It`s not right wing, it`s not even left wing, it`s economics. What`s this got to do with honesty anyway? Those that are successful at being dishonest accumulate more wealth than those that are honest, so successful dishonesty can be said to pay.

You have definately hit on the truth here.

There are times when people prosper through the use of dishonesty and other people have suffered or lost due to honesty.

I think we like to live occasionally in these fictitious ideas that all dishonesty is met with rightful justice. And the honest person will always win in the end.

No. I am 100% sure that there are people who. Have gotten a way with lots of dishonesty and have prospered from it, never facing any loss for it. You can say a loss in conscious was their payment but this too is wishful thinking.

I would sell my soul to feed starving children. Where does that statement put me? If he'll I go because I've sold my soul then then reason is meaningless.

What do I mean by this? If dishonesty is the crime, is there ever a time when dishonesty has a "good reason" which leads to a better outcome?

If the outcome or result was good, then what's so bad about dishonesty?

A married man learns quick to say no when his wife asks,"Do these pants make my butt look to big?"
celebritydiscodave

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 04:12 pm
@Krumple,
Yes, there is both positive and negative dishonesty but unfortunately this only
goes on at that level of perception. When dealing in perception we are handling personal reality, and most that is reality for a person is impossible to move on. So, should one apply dishonesty inappropriately (in a way experienced as derogatory) and get found out there can be a total price to pay.
0 Replies