wife left me

meltemp

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
Hi folks its been two weeks since she left house is very quet and lonely.she has been to shop and stocked fridge freezer etc for meand is coming on sun to cook joint as daughter is home.she seems to be in a mess herself at the moment,and the messages i am receiving are that she hates what she is doing but i am so cofused.Sorry about babbling
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:33 pm
Tough stuff Mel. I can think of no words to ease your pain but can tell you this site is 90% babble, so there is no need to apologize for that...

Hmmm. I don't know what your normal state is, but would a fresh haircut and/or professional manicure noticeably alter your appearance any? If so; do it. I know it sounds a little girly, but there's a method to my madness. Girls notice these things. It also helps if you do, too, btw. Sorry... that's all I got for right now. Good luck to you and welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

RoseMarie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:20 pm
Wow, what to say, I'm very sorry for you, but I know that doesn't do you very much good now. Know, however, that there are many supportive people here or it looks that way and if you need someone to talk to or rant to my door is open.your wife's behavior certainly sounds bizarre

From the sound of things, yours was a healthy household, and she gave you every indication of it being such or did she ? You sound like you are a good husband---which is a hell of a lot more than many people can say.

I hope all of this gets sorted out as soon as possible for you

on a side note, I know your asking the why's, what if's and the if I only knew but the bottom line is you can't change the decision she has made all you can do is try to come out of it a better person.
0 Replies

RoseMarie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:21 pm
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

meltemp

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:01 pm
Thanks for the reply Cant sleep 4 a.m. Thaught I was coming to terms with but then the emotions slap you in the face
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:06 pm
No worries dude. A2K never sleeps. You'll be allright.
0 Replies

RoseMarie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:16 pm
Mel I will not be posting here again but I hope thinks work out for you
All the best

Rose
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 08:29 am
Since your wife's been around to cook, is that because she cares about you being fed, or is it because she's trying to keep up appearances (either to your daughter or the neighbors or anyone else)? If it's to make sure you are all right, I'd say that's a foundation right there.

It's not a marriage, for sure, but it is fellowship, and that can be the beginning of rekindling love.
0 Replies

meltemp

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 09:32 am
jespah wrote:
Since your wife's been around to cook, is that because she cares about you being fed, or is it because she's trying to keep up appearances (either to your daughter or the neighbors or anyone else)? If it's to make sure you are all right, I'd say that's a foundation right there.

It's not a marriage, for sure, but it is fellowship, and that can be the beginning of rekindling love.

I don,t know but the house is now spottless have repainted variouse parts mainly to occupy time table is set plates in oven ready for chinese.
this morning i was very low but after spending 2hrs talking to my other daughter i feel a lot more possitive still want her back but will try and show her that i can cope and hopefully she will see what she is missing. Thank you for replying
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 09:37 am
That sounds like a wise way to go about it, meltemp. Either you impress her and she comes back, or you have a spotless house and you're coping. Win-win.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
meltemp, Keep writing. Even if we can't help you, you will feel better just getting things off your chest. Please don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't ignore signs of depression.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:08 am
meltemp--

You're on the right track by making a virtue of necessity. Since your wife walked out, you don't have the habits of 27 years to comfort you. This also means that you don't have the habits of 27 years to blind you.

You started role playing as Mr. Fixit/Mr. Clean because you didn't know what else to do. Being the ideal House Husband is an excellent first step, but it's only a first step.

Is there something that you've wanted to investigate or try that you've never had time for? Writing poetry? Sculpture with toothpicks? Making goat cheese? Pick a time every week/weekend for exploration. Snoop around your city. Try a new restaurant. Check the newspaper for community activities and for organizations that need volunteer help. Expand yourself.

Don't always be available when your wife drops by. You're a Man on a Voyage of Discovery with many demands on your time.

Good luck.
0 Replies

meltemp

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:40 am
Hi Folks my wife has now moved into a rented property which apparently is a dump she came to see me last night and we had a chinese together which was very good seeing her again i feel like i am playing a waiting game and hoping she will realize what she has lost
On the 30th her birthday we are having a bonfire night with all the familly and friends she said she will come
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 10:07 am
One of the hardest tasks is relighting a bonfire from some dimming coals.
0 Replies