My ex making me feel guilty.

Maia123

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 06:01 pm
Ok. So here's the deal. I just recently broke up with my boyfriend of almost a year because I realized that he treated me great when we're alone but treated me like crap in front of his friends to be cool. He was mean to me and my friends and even one of his friends! Overall I believe that he is a fantastic person but just wants to hide it to be cool. So I'm asking for your advice. I am positivley not getting back together with him but I feel like I left him without an explanation. I just said, I don't think we should be dating anymore and he said "sick". I ran to the bathroom and gathered myself. Yesterday was our one year too. He puts notes in my locker saying "I hope you'll forgive me. Te amo." And he's making me feel guilty. At break today he said "I don't like baseball." And I said "Why don't you like baseball?" And he's like "I don't know, why don't u like me?". I have to see him everyday and it's not helping me get over him. He flirts with the girl I've always been jealous of. I asked his best friend (also one of my best friends) if my ex still liked me and he said no. That really stung. He said my ex is done with me. What should I do? He's making me feel guilty. Should I give him an explanation? Just what should I do.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 06:26 pm
@Maia123,
Learn to listen to yourself.

That will help you now and in the future.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 06:49 pm
@Maia123,
Yes, you do need to explain. And you said it very well here:
"he treated me great when we're alone, but treated me like crap in front of his friends."
He is unable to show that he cares about you in public.

Yes, that's reason to drop this immature, selfish, guy who CARES MORE ABOUT WHAT GUYS THINK OF HIM than he cares about you.

Find someone more mature. Don't ask about him. And don't care about what he does. Believe me, he's going to try to make you jealous.

Walk away with your head held high.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 07:02 pm
He's flirting with someone to make you jealous, and it's working.

You broke it off because he treated you badly - for a year. You say you aren't going back to him - but if that were true, you wouldn't care that he flirts with a friend.

You made the right decision not to put up with his treatment. Girls who put up with being treated like crap by boys can develop into women who are abused by men in marriages or relationships.

Do the right thing. Get a new outfit, do something cool to your hair, rock your hot little body and go to school like the cutie you are. Forget him, flirt with anyone who interests you.

If he asks you why you broke it off, try to be nice and tell him why. Not to get back with him, not to hurt him - just to be a nice person who might help him see that he can't treat women like crap and not face negative consequences.

You might actually influence him to be a better bf for some other girl.
0 Replies

Maia123

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 07:58 pm
Thank you so much. This is really helping. He always tends to gravitate towards me when we are a free period though. How do I tell him that I need space?!
Lash

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 08:03 pm
@Maia123,
Why do you need space?

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2016 05:19 am
Don't you know how to get control of this situation?!

Haven't you ever had to get away from anyone before? Better learn how to do that.

god, girl, get a backbone!!

WALK AWAY. MOVE. RUN. SKIP. REMOVE YOURSELF FROM HIS PRESENCE!

0 Replies