Stuff you NEVER have too much of

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 07:06 am
My checking account probably runs out probably once a year, maybe twice if I've just lost my mind with constantly paying bills.

Why is it when I went to get a paycheck, I found 3 bills needing payment that month?

I have enough paperclips to last me this lifetime, and my next reincarnation. Sorry for the non sequitur.

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 08:10 am
I was going to say 'Toys' but I've finally reached saturation point there. Too little time, hate seeing so many collecting dust.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 09:39 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I have enough paperclips to last me this lifetime, and my next reincarnation. Sorry for the non sequitur.

I never have too many reasons not to get out of bed.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 09:50 am
@tsarstepan,
I never have too much of good health.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 03:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
matching socks
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 04:20 pm
Tools. Can never have enough tools. I had a hacksaw, now I don't. Likely it is hiding under something out in the shed. I will never find it again. Unless I buy a new one. Then I will find it.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 06:58 pm
Other then health to much of everything else is bad.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 09:50 am
Birthdays :-)

BOOKS
chai2

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:30 am
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi, I was talking about you on another thread.

All good stuff.
0 Replies

Roberta
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 05:15 pm
Dog visits. No matter how often they come, it ain't often enough.

Saying hello to dogs in the street. Never enough. I met a chow chow last night. A chow chow saved my uncle's life. (Family lore.)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2016 05:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Tools. Can never have enough tools. I had a hacksaw, now I don't. Likely it is hiding under something out in the shed. I will never find it again. Unless I buy a new one. Then I will find it.
Like me and my father in law. If you can't find it, no problem. They're cheap enough at Home Depot.

But with my wife it's a toss up between yarn and refrigerator magnets.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2016 06:15 pm
@neologist,
On the face of it, loss of a cheap tool is no biggie. But, when you are in the middle of a project and right at the crucial moment, when that cheap tool seems indispensable, it suddenly looms large. Your project has lost momentum and you have to go somewhere and get one, costing time, gas, most of all, aggravation. It's the same with running out of the right size and configuration of screw. You might have hundreds of screws, but that special one costs impetus and you want to punish the material for the project out of frustration.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2016 06:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know all about that, but home depot was about a dozen blocks away. Better were a very good real old fashioned lumbar yard and a good plumbing supply place. Venice, California was pretty great, likely not the same now, as a tech capital.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2016 06:38 pm
It takes about half an hour or more to go to and from the nearest place. In heavy traffic. I would say that hack saw is a big loss.
0 Replies