Ask her out on a date!

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 05:58 pm
Hi! I've known this girl for about 2 months, I really like her and I think she feels the same (because she has been dropping many hints and signs). I believe she does know that I like her (women aren't stupid). Anyways, I asked her for a walk together alone once, she said YES. we talked and laughed and then I gave her a hug (I didn't say to her that I like her or anything that day). After a few days, she invited me to go out with her friend ( a male friend) he's also a friend of mine. I planned to ask her out that day but I couldn't with his presence. What should I do? I don't want to text her I want to ask her out face to face in person.
I'm still not quite sure that she really likes me, but let's say it's 75%.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Please pardon any grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,813 • Replies: 6
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:19 pm
@badijabbour,
Yes, I am in favor of just being up front.

You should ask her out for a date. I don't think there is anything wrong with using a text.. you aren't asking her to marry you, you are just asking if she would like to spend some time together. If you are going to see her again soon, you might wait. But if you are never going to get the chance to ask her out it would be sad.

I would just text her and ask her if she wants to have coffee, or a drink, or whatever you do in your social circumstances. Make it simple and informal for the first date... that way it won't be a big deal.

badijabbour

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank you for your comment. You're right nothing wrong with a text. another question, why did she ask me to hang out with her friend? is that normal?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:29 pm
In the meantime, many people on A2k did not have refuge to ask a website what to do.

It will be to your benefit if you consider these matter yourself.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't get what point you are trying to make Osso.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 09:06 pm
@badijabbour,
badijabbour wrote:
I believe she does know that I like her (women aren't stupid).

women/girls are not mind-readers. she won't know for sure that you like her until you tell her.

in order to do that , you need to spend time with her. invite her on another walk, invite her out for tea/coffee - then ask her on a date. the invite for the walk, coffee etc could be by text - then the invite for a date can be in person

if she keeps bringing a pal (male or female) along, you may have to say something direct to let her know you'd like to go on a date alone with her. If she doesn't want to date you, she'll have to let you know at that point.

good luck!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2016 01:40 am
@badijabbour,
Some girls have boundries and fears. It could be because you hugged her, she felt that you may have wanted more next time and her way of still getting to see you but feel safe, was to bring a male friend along.

Alternatively, she wanted to see you and found an excuse as you didn't ask her out and she wanted to see you. He was her way of inviting you out, perhaps she isn't assertive.

Text her and ask her what she is doing on the weekend. When she replies, in a way you feel is in your favour ie) nothing, or free on this day, or something that gives you that hint, ask her if she's free for you to call her and call her there and then.

I agree, this world is crazy, face-book, texting, what happened to old fashioned, women "love" old fashioned Smile

Best wishes.
0 Replies