Fall in love with someone I met online?

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 11:21 pm
Hi. I got this issue with a girl from Canada I met a couple years ago online. I think I fell for her and she fell for me (or that was what she say)
she studies in college and so do I, that means we have no money to travel and meet each other in person. Suddenly things changed between us, we've been friends since then. Now she is in a relationship, I try dating hoping to feel again what she made me feel.
I know that this is over and it's time to start over again but when I think I got over her she calls making my head spin and my heart pump. I have plans to go to visit by October, the thing is that I'm not sure if she is interested in me as I am, the thought of she been with someone else makes me lose all my grip.
Am I obsessed with her? Should I give up on her or keep trying? Those feelings were even real?

Thank you, your opinion will help me so much
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,020 • Replies: 7

Olivier5

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 04:54 am
@mahulaa93,
Keep trying. If she makes you feel that special something, she's worth some effort. The risk of course is that online personalities can be different fron real-life ones. With an online relationship, fantasy trumps reality. So perhaps you will not like her that much anymore once you physically meet with her. That's a risk to be aware of, but well worth taking.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 07:12 am
@Olivier5,
Keep this song in mind when discussing this potential girlfriend to real world friends:
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 07:31 am
"Suddenly things changed between us, we've been friends since then. Now she is in a relationship,"

You are FRIENDS. Unless you can have a real, physical, in-person relationship, then you can never really know what else it can be.

SHE has found a real-life person. You need to do the same.

I suspect your heart beating excitement is 90% fantasy and 10% computer time.

Be careful you don't waste your life in front of a screen.
0 Replies

AlexEverette

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 01:06 pm
@mahulaa93,
Also, maybe keep this Ave Q song in mind as well:
https://youtu.be/PTFI9sQdpGo
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 01:25 pm
@mahulaa93,
She is in a relationship.

You are friends.

If you are visiting in October, are you clear that you are visiting as a friend.
0 Replies

Kathy2

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 05:08 pm
@mahulaa93,
Well, so far, you are saying you are in love with someone you have never met in person!!
You may be 'in love' with a fantasy.
Meeting online can hide a lot of what the real person is like!
Arrange to meet 'in person' and see if what you believe about this person is for real or not.
People put their best foot forward on line. You can be anyone you want to be online.
I do know that a few of my friends have met the person that they were online and it went on to
a real good relationship. Also the other way around.
Meet in person and take it from there.
0 Replies

Titos

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 01:49 am
@mahulaa93,
Leave your feelings in past and try to find a real person.
0 Replies