Women US Soccer Players Sue for Equal Wages

engineer

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:13 am
The US men just failed to quality for the Olympics for the third straight time. The US women are the favorites for another gold.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2021 08:28 am
@engineer,
I've read that a couple of states will have or already have laws protected women sports by ensuring fairness.

I'm sure, equal pay for females in sports is a one of the main topics among Republicans.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2021 12:08 pm
@engineer,
Football is all about the World Cup. Nobody gives a monkey’s about the Olympics, especially over here where we have to field a British side FFS.

There is an article on the BBC website about how the US is preparing for the 2026 World Cup. There has been a real focus on nurturing talent and nine American internationals under the age of twenty five have played in the Champions League this season, which is about as elite a level as football gets.

I’m sorry I can’t post links, but 2026 might be very interesting.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 10:54 am
US Soccer has announced equal pay for men and women national teams.

Quote:
Women who play soccer for the United States will now earn the same amount as men in a landmark equal pay win.

U.S. Soccer and the unions for both the men's and women's national teams announced Wednesday they reached a new collective bargaining agreement that will achieve "equal pay and set the global standard moving forward in international soccer."

Under the agreement, players on the U.S. Women's National Team (USWNT) and the U.S. Men's National Team (USMNT) will receive the same pay, including appearance fees and game bonuses, and be provided the same working conditions. While women's players previously had guaranteed salaries, they will now have the same pay-to-play structure as the men's players.

The two teams will also pool their World Cup prize money, which is unequally distributed by FIFA, the international governing body, and share the money equally, becoming the first soccer federation in the world to do so, according to the agreement.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 01:17 pm
@engineer,
This is such a no brainer. Why'd they have to take so long?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 01:23 pm
@engineer,
Maybe the men need a pay cut. They seem not up to the women's par.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 07:31 am
@PoliteMight,
Is it just me, or does this sound like Max?
Mame

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 08:11 am
@glitterbag,
He's not as good a speaker as Max. Or as logical. No, I don't think so.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 08:52 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

He's not as good a speaker as Max.

That bad.
Mame

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 08:52 am
@izzythepush,
yep
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 09:05 am
@Mame,
That is bad.
Mame

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 09:16 am
@izzythepush,
While you might not agree with Max, at least you could understand him. And he used rational thought, even if you didn't agree with it. This guy just seems to use stream of consciousness when speaking. He's also going into old topics which Max didn't do.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 10:00 am
I was curious about his user name so I googled it, all I found was a train wreck Razz
Mame

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 10:02 am
@jcboy,
Exactly.
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 10:55 am
@Mame,
Maybe someone should IM him/her - seeing this person keeps posting to answer a question and then move onto another post without ever checking back again.

I wonder if this person even realizes that some of these posts are from years ago.
jcboy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 11:15 am
@Linkat,
It might take him ten years to respond Razz
glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 May, 2022 04:48 pm
@jcboy,
Made me laugh!!!!!! I hope I'm still alive.
0 Replies