Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 03:52 pm
When I first joined my company 16 years ago, I was assigned to the customer resolution department for a two-week attachment. While I did not like the job scope, I was lucky that I was only on an attachment and could rejoin my original department once the attachment ended.

Is the part in bold correct? Should it be on attachment instead? If not, how should it be phrased?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 603 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 04:21 pm
@tanguatlay,
In Canadian businesses and government agencies, secondment is the term most commonly used. It is also used in American companies I have worked for.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/psm-fpfm/staffing-dotation/psw-efp/seas-eng.asp

Quote:
What is a secondment and what is the difference between a secondment and an assignment?

Secondments and assignments are both temporary lateral movements of an employee to perform the functions of a position that already exists or to take on a special project.

However, while secondments are to another department (interdepartmental), assignments are within a department or agency (intradepartmental).

In both cases, the employee maintains his/her substantive position in the home department/agency or organization, and is paid by the home department/agency or organization.

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 09:29 am
@tanguatlay,
Don't know exactly why Tang but yea, I'd'a also deleted the "an"

I'd'a might'v' also looked for a synonym for the first, like "2-week stay" or the like
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 12:00 pm
As a British English speaker, I would prefer "on an attachment" to "on attachment".
0 Replies