Teen girl pepper sprayed in face at Trump rally

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:07 am
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-girl-pepper-sprayed-face-man-trump-event-article-1.2581779?utm_content=bufferd577c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Please discuss among yourselves. At the moment I'm too mad and disgusted to say a word.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 16 • Views: 3,587 • Replies: 42

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:48 am
@wmwcjr,
Violence at Trump rallies is beoming a thing, and hopefully that will hurt Trump as he has (absurdly) tacitly condoned it.
wmwcjr

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:03 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Ever since she was old enough to vote, my wife has always voted for the Republican presidential candidate. So, I was stunned when she called Trump a fascist and said that if Clinton is the Democratic candidate (so she assumes) and Trump wins the Republican nomination, she will vote for Clinton! She also said that if Cruz (whom Mr. Republican himself -- Bob Dole -- says is "too extreme") is the nominee, she will stay home and not vote. She's conservative on several social issues, but she's gotten tired of the influx of white Southern Democrats (i.e., segregationists and other assorted racists) invading her party. In fact, last week she said her party has died.
revelette2

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:10 pm
Becoming a thing seems a little dismissive even though you probably don't mean it as such. I mean the girl is 15 years old, she was groped first then peppered sprayed. Trump should say something, anything, against this behavior. I have a thirteen year old granddaughter, I would now be afraid to let attend anything to do with a trump rally. (she is tall, around 5'9 so is often mistaken for much older...)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:12 pm
@wmwcjr,
FWIW, Trump is no more of any kind of Republican than ...Umm , than I am! (FYI, I'm left-leaning progressive Independent). He espouses no Republican ideals nor any party's ideals even when he is specific about a potential Prez candidate's policy ... which is almost never.

Furthermore, he indicates no ability to compromise or work within a political party's leaders to arrive at an agreed-upon platform.

Furthermore, he states no grand plans or specifics about any foreign or domestic policies. Unless someone thinks building a wall at the southern border blocking Mexico is what anyone wants to call a policy. He knows how to game the financial system the provides welfare to billionaires...witness was it 3 or 4 bankruptcies?!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:35 pm
@wmwcjr,
Good on her! Hopefully the party reforms and modernizes quickly, the party has been very silly for a while.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:06 pm
@wmwcjr,
Why did you forget to mention that she either punched someone or tried to punch someone in the face before she got a face full of pepper spray? Only telling one side of a story?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:08 pm
Couple things... no protestors, no violence. True, they have the right to be there, but she did punch someone first and then sprayed as a result. If you can't keep your hands to yourself, then you deal with the consequences, right? She chose to put herself in that position.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:09 pm
@McGentrix,
If there were no sun we'd have no fights either, but the sun is not the real problem either.

There are protesters at other rallies too, Trump has called for the violence. He has said that he would like to punch them, and said he would pay for the legal costs for his supporters who do.

The problem is not protesters, the problem is that Trump is openly inciting violence in his rallies. Whether or not the girl deserved to be sprayed is not as relevant as whether there should be punches at political rallies at this rate.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:19 pm
@Robert Gentel,
That's some BS Robert.

The protestors are purposefully getting in the faces of Trump supporters trying to incite violence. If you can't see it for what it is, then you are blinded by your dislike of Trump and you have no legs to stand on.

If this was happening at an Obama rally, the protestors would all be branded racists and all of you would be admiring the Obama supporters for "fighting back".

Federal Law Criminalizes Protesting Trump Now That He’s Guarded by the Secret Service
parados

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Why don't you tell the rest of the story? She tried to punch someone after they grabbed her breasts.

She didn't choose to have someone grope her.
wmwcjr

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:46 pm
@Baldimo,
I had not read the two linked articles word for word because I was too angered. I'm not sure if she punched or shoved the older man. Perhaps she thought she was being groped.

But the fact remains that the young punk butted in and sprayed her in the face with the pepper spray. That was entirely malicious and totally unjustified. He needs to spend some time behind bars. Just think what would have happened if she had not been wearing glasses. . . .

By the way, I'm not playing politics here. I just don't like the idea of a young punk spraying pepper spray in the face of a teenage girl. Politics have nothing to do with it. Whoever abuses someone is besides the point. Please don't play your politics game with me. Yes, I think Trump is a buffoon (or even something possibly worse); but I support no one in the presidential race. I'm alienated by both parties. I'd have to violate my conscience to vote for any of them. I say a plague on both their houses!

Well, actually, I could live with Kasich; but that's a matter for Republican voters (of which I don't happen to be one).

That is all. Rolling Eyes

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:49 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
The protestors are purposefully getting in the faces of Trump supporters trying to incite violence. If you can't see it for what it is, then you are blinded by your dislike of Trump and you have no legs to stand on.

I'm not absolving any of the protestors or the punchers of anything. But in the big picture they are not important and what is different about Trump rallies is the level of animosity that he openly incites.

Quote:
If this was happening at an Obama rally, the protestors would all be branded racists and all of you would be admiring the Obama supporters for "fighting back".

No, I would not. But if it makes it easier for you to make stuff up about your interlocutor then have at it.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Have you forgot the part about being groped? O, I forgot in your world its ok for 15 year girls to be groped.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:17 pm
@wmwcjr,
[url]But the fact remains that the young punk butted in and sprayed her in the face with the pepper spray. That was entirely malicious and totally unjustified. He needs to spend some time behind bars. Just think what would have happened if she had not been wearing glasses. . . .[/url]

I guess she will learn not to take a swing at someone. The video I saw showed her getting in people's faces, then she complains about someone touching her boob. Well I can tell you this much, you get in my face and yell, I'm going to push you away from me and that usually means pushing someone on the chest.

The young punk butted in? The girl was acting like a young punk as well.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:25 pm
@RABEL222,
She claims it, but that doesn't make it true. I watched the video and it doesn't look like he touches her boob at all, maybe he chest area, but it was by no means a group...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_cuODF5rU
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:35 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Why don't you tell the rest of the story? She tried to punch someone after they grabbed her breasts.

Exactly. This was a private altercation. The young woman said she was groped, the man was denying it, laughing. If anyone was inciting anything, it was that man accused of grouping. Even if he was innocent of that, his reaction was nothing short of inflammatory towards her.

Why was someone with pepper spray allowed at this rally? If people are being screen for other weapons, why not pepper spray?

If the girl was groped, I feel badly for her. It's a pity that part of me, whenever I see an act like this at a Trump rally, is hoping this is another nail in Trumps coffin.

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:41 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

parados wrote:

Exactly. This was a private altercation. The young woman said she was groped, the man was denying it, laughing. If anyone was inciting anything, it was that man accused of grouping. Even if he was innocent of that, his reaction was nothing short of inflammatory towards her.

Why was someone with pepper spray allowed at this rally? If people are being screen for other weapons, why not pepper spray?

If the girl was groped, I feel badly for her. It's a pity that part of me, whenever I see an act like this at a Trump rally, is hoping this is another nail in Trumps coffin.

Did you watch the video Baldimo posted?

She placed herself in the middle of a crowd and yelled and screamed until she got so riled up she took a swing at someone. She made her choice, she paid her price.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:43 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Even if he was innocent of that, his reaction was nothing short of inflammatory towards her.

You mean throwing your hands in the air and saying you didn't do it is inflaming? You must not be watching the same video I am.
chai2

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 03:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Do you know what he was saying? I don't.

I can't lip read, and the volume wasn't loud enough.

Also, I personally don't belieive he was laughing in order to calm, appease or explain anything to her.

Thinking someone has groped you sexually, then having that person laugh directly in your face, indeed is inflamatory.

If you were standing behind a woman in a crowd, minding your own business, and she suddenly turned around and accussed you of molesting her, would you laugh at her?

If you would, you're not very intelligent.

What did this man gain by laughing at this young woman? Nothing positive that I can think of.

The entire situation, besides these 2 people, was tense, The person accused did nothing to diffuse her anger, which yes, would be any rationale persons responsibilty when in a crowd of volatile people. Instead, he did something to incite her further, he laughed at her, and also appears to be joking about her to others. Although I can't hear him, that is what his body language is saying.

If I were accused of the same, I could see myself throwing my hands in the air, and stating "I didn't do that". But not the rest of it. His taunting went on for quite some time.
The man with the pepper spray had no reason to get involved. His actions (obviously) further increased the tension in an already bad situation.