The Happy Story Topic

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 12:46 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I know that Mr wolf was the right one when we were on the beach.

It was the speedos wasn't it? :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
Only 2 years and a few months for us. I did not like my hubby when I first met him. I thought he was hot but didn't want to bother with him. He, however, called his mother and told her he'd met the girl he was going to marry and was just waiting until I came to my senses. We didn't see each other for 2 or so weeks after that. When we did finally see each other, we started talking and I realized that he wasn't a bad guy and from then on, we were practically inseperable.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:40 pm
I met Kirk in Sept of 1987.
We were drawn to each other like magnets.

We didn't date, we just......were.

On paper, he and I don't look like we could ever be together. I stupidly listened to other people say that. I remember thinking to myself, "these feelings are just so strong - but they can't be because everyone would say it's not a good match"

We both ended up marrying other people.
I married a man who looked good on paper. Everyone looked up to him.

I realized to late I had married a person who did not have a soul. He had no conscience.
Before we married, he had worked at one place for years, and made a lot of money.
After we married, he quit 5 different jobs and we lived 5 different places across the US. It was a game to see how much I could survive. Eventually he told me he thought it would be good to see me living on the street. It was then I learned that years ago, he had lived on the streets in NY for about 2 years, and he didn't think it was so bad.

OK - Here's the part only those closest to me know, but what the hell, I announce it on the internet......I found out after we were married that from the time my ex husband was 11 to around 23 he had been a male prostitute.

So, my life was going pretty well.

About 1 1/2 years into that marriage, I was livng in Oregon, Kirk in Fla, and Kirk called to say hello.
I blurted out without thinking. "I hate admitting I made a mistake, but I never should have married, it's YOU I love"!

There was a silence.....then "I love you too"

We both grieved we would never be together.

My ex husband quit that job, and moved us to a trailer outside of Okeechobee Fla, which is in the middle of nowhere.....My fortune is growing by leaps and bounds.....

OK - NOW HERE'S THE GOOD PART.

Months before, I had sent Kirk a Christmas card to his sisters house, as we didn't know each others address.
It had sat on the foyer table all that time.

Kirk too had married a lunatic, that's another story.
She had kicked him out several times, always telling him to come back within a week.
She had kicked him out again, and Kirk was driving from the West coast of Fla to the East coast of Fla. and stopped at his sisters to go to the bathroom.

He opened the Christmas card, saw my return address, got back in his truck and drove to the middle of nowhere.

He sat in my driveway all afternoon, waiting for me to come home. He said later he had no motive as to why....he just had to see me.
I did come home, and knowing if my ex husband came home (he knew Kirk, but never knew about the "us" part - I keep pretty closed mouthed about my private life), he would assume Kirk had come up there to see the both of us, and it would just be a dreadful evening of listening to him blow his own horn.

We drove our separate vechicles the 20 miles into Okeechobee, and sat in an Arby's for 2 or 3 hours, over 2 cups of coffee.

Kirk left to go back to his sisters house, I drove home. Both of us were so soul dead from what we had been through, we were both just on auto-pilot.
Funny, but typical, my ex-husband asked no question or expressed any interest or concern why I was more than 3 1/2 hours late getting home.

The next evening, my ex husband again started one of his crazy ass games and it hit me like a bolt of lightening. "I don't have to do this anymore"
The words "I am divorcing you and you are leaving this place this weekend" came out of my mouth (we were building a house on the coast).

The steel must have been there. There were no objections, he left that weekend and the only other time I've ever him was the day the divorce papers where finalized at the courthouse.

After he left, I no longer considered myself married.
I spent every weekend in Kirk's arms, but stayed in that godforesaken trailer for 3 months, just to get back my sanity.

We immediately married, and this coming January 1 will be twelve beautiful years.

I have the most wonderful husband in the entire world, and I love him more and more as time passes.
We have stood together through major illness, legal problems (caused by both exes) and scores of everyday troubles.

I would not give up one of those days.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:55 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
I know that Mr wolf was the right one when we were on the beach.

It was the speedos wasn't it? :wink:

they dont make speedos big enough.. Shocked
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 02:18 pm
Chai that is a wonderful story.

I was with someone else at the time I met my hubby and stupidly and stubbornly refused to believe that the perfect feeling I had for J was real. I almost lost him because of it. Thank goodness I came to my senses before he walked.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 02:54 pm
Wonderful stories, all.

Happy anniversary, jp. Here's to many, many more.

Mr B and I have been married for 16 years. I met him just as I was leaving my first marriage of 12 years (I was a child bride) and I was afraid of getting involved again so soon. Mr B was in Chicago, I was in Vt. At the time I was planning a move to North Carolina, but was offered a job in Chicago. I relocated to the midwest one year after our long distance relationship began. We married a year later and had our first child one year after that. The rest, as they say, is history.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:00 pm
Great story Chai... just goes to show that deep down you just know when you find the person that you are meant to be with. I consider myself fortunate everyday that I found the person I am meant to be with. We are 4 very lucky people.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:04 pm
thanks

It is good to tell happy stories. Makes us very grateful for what we do have.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 08:38 pm
So good to hear Happy stories for a change!

I've been married for 8 years, living with him for 11 years. I didn't think anything about "He's The One" until at least 6 months into our relationship. Today, well, I love him madly, and more so every day.

So, 2 little stories: First, on our wedding day, we were all dressed up, him in his tux, me in my second-hand white dress & veil, waiting for the limo to come pick us up at the hotel.

He said, "Should we go wait outside, or stay here in the lobby?" I said, "I am Bride. Bride does what she is told." He said, "Well, you never did before!"

Second, just recently, this is how we realized we're getting old. He was driving, I was in the passenger seat. He said, "I've had my blinker on for the past 4 miles." I said, "WHAT?"
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 08:44 pm
Oh, and this is the first marriage for both of us... he was 39, I was 35 when we married.

I'm glad I didn't marry young.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:03 am
BorisKitten wrote:
just recently, this is how we realized we're getting old. He was driving, I was in the passenger seat. He said, "I've had my blinker on for the past 4 miles." I said, "WHAT?"

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:43 am
Nice stories J_B and Boriskitten. I guess that brings the total to 6 lucky A2Kers. And J_B gets the added bonus of living in the beautiful Chicagoland area... I miss Illinois.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 12:03 am
My grandparents were married for 59 years...
He met her on a crowded train - she was travelling with her family and she was singing in the train (quite a common sight in India - you do that to spend time, train journeys can span over 2 days). She didn't notice him but he loved her songs and eventually married her.

They lived happily together till my grandma died 4 years ago. When she died, I remember my grandfather being calm but haggard-looking. He is now 91 (he's quite healthy and active for his age). What I find really sweet - he does not sleep at night without listening to recordings of my grandma's songs on his pocket "cassette player"Â…every single night .. Guess that's a happy story Smile
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 12:23 pm
5 years of happy blissful marriage today.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 12:36 pm
Happy anniversary, JP! Nice thread, don't remember seeing it before.

I met my husband when he moved into the housing co-op I had been living in for a couple of years. I had a very strict no-dating-housemates policy. I had told my best friend about a vivid dream I had when I was about 12 that the love of my life would have certain initials. She saw his name -- before either of us had seen him -- on the bulletin board for people who were trying to move in, and said "Look! It's the right initials!" I said yeah yeah yeah.

Then I met him and thought he was gorgeous but a) strict policy and b) I was somewhat infatuated with this other guy (who didn't live in the co-op) who was pursuing me. Nothing had happened yet -- I was very attracted to this other guy who was pursuing me but there were some things about him that gave me pause.

Meanwhile, E.G. had figured out within a short time of meeting me that I was the one for him, and decided he had to make his move to eliminate the other guy. He (E.G.) always seemed to be there when I needed help doing household stuff (washing dishes, etc.) and was a great conversationalist. One day we each had literary t-shirts on and that sparked a long discussion about books -- very similar tastes. I was becoming more and more interested, but there was still that no-dating-housemates rule. Eventually he wrote me a beautiful poem and left it in my room -- when I read it, I literally swooned (backwards onto my bed).

We got together shortly thereafter -- about 14 years ago. We've been married for 10.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 12:41 pm
Nice story, Soz.

A little wierd too... SB also had a foreshadowing of her future husbands initials. Hers wasn't a dream, though. She asked a ouija board what the initals of the person she would marry were. The board told her JP.

Freaky...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 02:31 pm
Happy Anniversary, jp!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 02:37 pm
Thanks, J_B. Smile
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 09:00 am
So we went to Sabor for dinner on our anniversary. Whooo boy was it good food. Not exactly a romantic setting and a bit difficult to get into deep conversation with all the gauchos running around shaving off meat onto your plate, but it was delicious food. If you are ever in Milwaukee I would recommend it. It would be fun to go to with a large party... just make sure everyone pays because it is around $75 a person for dinner, drinks, dessert and tip.
0 Replies