The Happy Story Topic

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:26 am
August 17, 2004. It's my third anniversary!

Man how the time flies. I wish it would slow down so I can spend more time with the one I love.

Who on a2k has the longest marriage/relationship?

Who has happy stories of relatonships?

While helping others with problems is good for all, sometimes it can get a little depressing. Post all of your happy/funny/good relationship stories or comments here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,436 • Replies: 38
No top replies

PamO

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:51 am
Here's a nice memory from my experiences...I knew my husband was the guy for me when after dating him for 4 months he needed a new car...(I had two small children from my first marriage that he had not yet met...) He's a very successful guy and could have chosen anything...we were looking at sporty BMW's, etc...he passed up all of the flashy, two seaters and bought a sation wagon. "I'm ready to meet the kids...he says." That was 4 years ago and now we have a beautiful new two month old daughter in addition to "the originals". One big happy family. Smile
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:57 am
That is nice PamO. I knew I was going to marry my wife after our first date. It was really weird for me because I had never fallen in love quickly before. I would always come away from a date saying she is alright, but... That didn't happen with my wife. I went home and imagined us together, buying a house, having kids and growing old together. It was a very different surreal experience for me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
Happy Anniversary :-D

I've never been married, so I'll just read everyone elses stories ;-)

PamO
That's just soooooooo sweet :-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:21 am
Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 12th this past May, but we've known each other since '88. I know there are plenty of other couples with longer marriages/relationships on A2K.

As RP can tell you, we both knew very quickly. You just know.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
I know, I know...Smile We are lucky to have him in our lives. BUT, (and I'm stealing this term from a Sozobe post...) he can be a real "doo doo head" at times too. Good thing I've got alot of experience cleaning up doo doo. Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:41 am
LOL!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:08 am
I'm approaching my 7th anniversary. I met my husband about 6 months after ending an eight-year relationship that was going no where. I was just enjoying my newfound freedom and loving dating again without any obligations except to my cats. It was wonderful. Then I went on vacation with a group of friends. We met these men across a crowded dance floor. Our eyes locked. My friend pointed him out and I said, "Watch, I'll get him to ask me to dance." Within minutes he could not resist me. We met the next day and the day after we were flying home.

We exchanged information and I thought, "Oh well, who's next." Never thinking we would ever connect. He lived across country from me. He kept persisting after me with phone calls and emails and flowers, I have that effect on men. But though the calls, etc. strong feelings developed, we flew back and forth several times. He decided he couldn't wait any longer and moved. A year later we were engaged and a year after that we were married.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:13 am
Linkat wrote:
I met my husband about 6 months after ending an eight-year relationship that was going no where. I was just enjoying my newfound freed and loving dating again without any obligations except to my cats. It was wonderful....

The same thing happened to my wife. She was just getting out of a serious relationship that was not healthy for her. She found me and was planning to make me her "boy toy" (her words not mine) and have some fun with me. Little did she know what it would turn into.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 03:28 pm
When you least expect it... expect it; jpinMilwaukee!
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 05:26 pm
Happy Anniversary jpin! That's wonderful news and we need all the happy news we can get.

Our anniversary is next month and it'll be 23 years this year.

Smiles to all
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:51 pm
I got some afternoon delight today...makes the rest of the work day go much smoother Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:59 pm
8 years ago yesterday my husband and I had our first 'official' date. Last June we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. I also came out of a long relationship - 15 years. I never wanted to get married although I was convinced that this 15 year relationship was meant to last my whole life. Well, it didn't.

I enjoyed my freedom for one and a half years and just when I decided that I was ready for a new relationship I met my husband. Four weeks after this first date we decided to get married, got engaged, waited for summer and got married. The best thing we ever did!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 03:03 pm
Happy 8th anniversary of your first date (one day late of course).

Here's to many more happy years!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 03:19 pm
Thanks, jp. My very best wishes to you and your wife!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 03:40 pm
Mr. B and I have been married for 14 years, this November and we have been together for 20 years.

At one point in our lives, when we were in elementary school, we lived just three blocks apart but never knew each other.

He's a good egg. I like him.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 04:45 am
jpinMilwaukee:

Like your wife, I did not enter my relationship with any long-term expectations. I thought he would be my "boy toy" and that our fling would last a few months until the thrill was over. Little did I know! We've been together several years now and he's the love of my life!

And Boomerang: My man and I have also talked at length about where we were when . . . and it seems that fate has always been trying to get us together. At one time, he bought a house right across the alley from my house! But, it wasn't until years later when fate put our businesses right next door to each other that we actually met. What is meant to be . . . will be!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:40 am
I found out last night that my sister broke up with her boyfirend. Sometimes breakups are good... and this one is great. I feel bad that she is sad right now but it is the best thing that could have happened... kind of like an early Christmas present.

Good by loser!!!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:44 am
Well, yesterday was year number 4 and things are better then ever. I had a conversation with an old friend the other day about things that excite us now that never excited us before, such as trips to home depot and staying home on Friday nights with the wife. The thing we both agreed on is that we like the way things are now much better than the way things were.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 12:13 pm
I know that Mr wolf was the right one when we were on the beach.
I had only met him 2 hours before and my friend whom I originally travelled to see,was on the pier taking photos. She called down to me and asked what i was doing.
Mr Wolf and I were digging in the sand looing at the shells and had been just chatting like nothing..
I yelled up at her " We are making out and you are ruining it.."
Mr Wolf blushed.
He has never done so again. ;-)

At the end of my 3 days vacation, I was packing for the drive home to Albq and he said " I cant afford the move, can you?"
6 weeks later, I lived in Austin.
That was a few years ago.
0 Replies