Casual Sex

roger

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 07:42 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

My thoughts are you don't encourage people by calling them or what they do stupid, . . . .

There is that.
0 Replies

Paigeashleyy

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 08:47 pm
@NicoleCalamari,
Dear NicoleCalamari

In my honest opinion I wouldn't. I may be old fashion for a 15 year old but I believe your virginity is somthing special. Most girls don't care about losing it, but to me it's different. I'm not saying don't have sex until your marriage because I feel like if anyone did that they would go mad to be honest. But for me I would like to lose it to someone special. Not just a casual hook up. Because you never know if they actually like you or if there just using you. And being used is horrible trust me. I have never been used but my friend has and she was heartbroken. I still have my virginity and I'm proud too. Don't rush in to things. You may regret it.

Paige x
0 Replies

Grillbone15

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 09:59 pm
@NicoleCalamari,
Bad idea do you know why? Besides your own family you live with & your friends at school or co-workers these are the people you see most often along with "your neighbors". What if you had a bad experience with this neighbor he might be a complete creep no telling how close he is to you & if he is single or married with kids I am assuming he is older than you.

My advice take your time meet someone your age or wait until you're 18 because statutory rape is still a crime.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 12:56 pm
@CeasarSalad,
CeasarSalad wrote:

Response to PQ:

We as human being may respectfully disagree and that's OK. For you using the Lords name in vain and having casual sex are not wrong. So I ask that if fornication, possible adultery, and blasphemy are not wrong, what in your opinion is wrong?

In my post I make it clear what I stand for, I encourage everyone here to make good decisions that they will not live to regret, to be the best they can be and to respect themselves and demand respect from others.

Doing things that hurt other people with no possible benefit to that person is wrong, that is all.

Quote:
PQ, what do you stand for? What is your opinion on the concepts of sin and morality? You are 27yo now, do you expect your answers will change at 37, 47, 57? I've read your past post and they express both regret and growth in your decision making. I have definitely had similar experiences.

I stand for: freedom to do things that don't hurt other people, gender equality, exploring the world, learning, being open and being nice.

I expect my ideas will change, because they have changed, but that's fine. No one is without regrets but I would MUCH RATHER regret the thing I did do than the thing I didn't do. I've only got one life I don't want to waste it in exchange for another one which may not exist.

Quote:
Not upset that you disagreed but I think the bashing from you and others was unfair and unnecessary. I believe the people that post here deserve to have all sides of the spectrum of opinions shared and then they can decide for themselves which path to travel. The consequences for bad decisions can have life long negative effects that if at all possible, it is better to avoid. Thoughts?

Yeah true. But your post wasn't constructive. You could have just said use a condom but instead you went along a sexist line of saying she can't do what she wants because she needs to make sure she is respected. Why should she care about anyone who might judge her for just sleeping with someone? Regrets, fair, like some women regret having abortions, but nobody really regrets sleeping with someone for the rest of their days unless they have some serious issues, most likely. It's not really that big a deal.

The action is HERS to regret if that's what she decides, but just because it is hers to regret does not mean it's YOURS to judge, big distinction there.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 12:58 pm
I agree with Chai2.
0 Replies

CeasarSalad

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 05:21 pm
@chai2,
Response to Chia2:
Lashing out at me with so much negativity doesn’t make your position stronger. Typical weakness-when all else fails the last defense usually is shoot the messenger.
I am in my 50’s also and unlike you I practice what I preach; I get propositioned for casual sex often buts I don’t believe this is the right thing to do. At this stage in my life I believe it’s important to be a role model for the young people in my life and to not be a person who says “do what I say and not what I do.”
Please know that I am not discrediting our youth-There are so many very wise and mature beyond their year’s young people who make very good decisions, have successful careers and vibrant lives as teens and 20somethings. KUDOS to 15yo Paige X who posted to this thread in favor of remaining a virgin. I also say KUDOS to PQ who was able to disagree without all the bashing. Varying opinions effectively delivered without hostility. Also, please review my original post which did not call the poster “stupid,” for the record, that was someone else.
chai2

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 09:40 pm
@CeasarSalad,
That's your issue if you want to view what I said as lashing out at you.

I was addressing your points. The way you take it is your business.

I stand by what I say.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 04:05 am
@CeasarSalad,
CeasarSalad wrote:

Response to Chia2:
Lashing out at me with so much negativity doesn’t make your position stronger. Typical weakness-when all else fails the last defense usually is shoot the messenger.
I am in my 50’s also and unlike you I practice what I preach; I get propositioned for casual sex often buts I don’t believe this is the right thing to do. At this stage in my life I believe it’s important to be a role model for the young people in my life and to not be a person who says “do what I say and not what I do.”
Please know that I am not discrediting our youth-There are so many very wise and mature beyond their year’s young people who make very good decisions, have successful careers and vibrant lives as teens and 20somethings. KUDOS to 15yo Paige X who posted to this thread in favor of remaining a virgin. I also say KUDOS to PQ who was able to disagree without all the bashing. Varying opinions effectively delivered without hostility. Also, please review my original post which did not call the poster “stupid,” for the record, that was someone else.

Why are you linking being 'chaste' with having a career?
0 Replies