What does a person worth generaly in life, how to feel worthy?

zemnac

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:22 pm
How to define a person's worth in life.
From little kid Iv heard many times in my life that everyone is special in his own way.
Can someone explain to me why is that? Like , well Im 1 person out of 7 billion people on earth ,theres surely someone else who will look like me and can do stuff that I do and maybe better and surely someone can take his place too , so no point of seeking that little tiny details that makes someone diferent since ,me,or he,she ...can be replaced. These rule though do not apply to people who really made a difference in human history like Einstein and many other big names. Its like ,if you watch an ant nest you cannot find an ant that is diferent but the queen that is bigger and has a great purpose on continue the nest's generation.Sure that the queen alone cant do much but the purpose of queen seems more worth living than a single ant out of the thousands. So how come and everyone has his own value ? Me , he or she who could replace me and set instantly my value to 0 could also be zeroed infront of a recognized historical person(scientist, explorer , etc) because these historical people did something that their value stays "1" and cannot ever changed and they are recognized by people and not just say they were great just the way they were, I dare you to answer this!!!

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:51 am
@zemnac,
People have value to the world from how they treat others, and the art and other good works they put into it.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 09:23 am
@zemnac,
Here's the thing zemnac, we determine our own worth to the world. As an example: People who work hard, do a good job, and put effort into things have a much greater value to an employer than someone who does the least amount of work possible, does a half arsed job, and doesn't put much effort into anything but being lazy and complaining.

Whatever worth, price tag, or value we put on ourselves is ultimately what determines how others choose to view our worth as well. A lot of it is subconscious though. For example, I automatically recoil inside when someone jumps head first into the deep ocean of negativity. Or even when I do... Lol Why? Because I don't like it. Negativity can pull other people down. Being negative about everything all the time will actually only give back a negative perspective of you from everyone around.

Quote:
Like , well Im 1 person out of 7 billion people on earth ,theres surely someone else who will look like me and can do stuff that I do and maybe better and surely someone can take his place too , so no point of seeking that little tiny details that makes someone diferent since ,me,or he,she ...can be replaced.

Yeah... I understand. It is easy to feel like just a face in the crowd in such a vast world of people, cultures, and beliefs. There probably is someone who looks just like you. They call that a doppelganger, I do believe. I met mine in my 20's. Holy moly it was one of the weirdest yet coolest experiences of my life! We could have passed for twins in a line up. Same height, body structure, skin tone, hair, eyes, you name it.

It was literally like standing in front of a mirror. Lol Except she was pregnant, which all in all was kinda cool to see because I had always wondered what I would look like pregnant. Smile Oh, and she was Mexican. I am... A mutt... Not really sure, some French definitely, but every Indian I have ever met has swore up and down I have Indian in me. Perhaps I will look into it some day. Smile

Anyway, yes we could have passed for twins, and yes, she could do some of the same things as me because we both worked in the cafeteria at the hospital... Yet... We were distinctly different. Our ethnic backgrounds for one. Our personalities were miles apart. She was very outspoken and liked being the center of attention.

Not me. I kept to myself. Very shy and insecure. So much so that I had actually only applied for the dishwasher position because I preferred being unseen and unheard. But oh no no, the guy who hired me insisted that the dishwasher job was far to hard a work for a pretty girl like me so I should be take the cashier position. His words not mine. Kinda creeped me out to be honest, but he turned out to be one of the best bosses I've had. Smile

She never could have replaced me though. Nor could I have replaced her. We just shared similar external values. She was the way she was because of how her life had been so far, and so was I. Either way we both were unique in our own right. Which is actually a good thing if you ask me. I hate the cookie cutter mentality. I don't want to be like anyone else, and I am the only one who determines what I will be like. And... You are the only one who determines what you will be like. Smile

Oh by the way... Your uniqueness is what makes you irreplaceable.

Quote:
These rule though do not apply to people who really made a difference in human history like Einstein and many other big names.

Yes they do, silly! The only difference in their impact was the choices they made through out their lifetime, and the fact they they were willing to be, and OK with being "different". The ant colony is actually a pretty good analogy here, I am glad you brought it up. It demonstrates a good message I think. Smile

Like you said, there is a Queen ant, and then the rest of the colony, basically viewed as worker ants. At least that's what they call bees... Lol I think you get my point...While their existence may seem mundane, useless, or replaceable, it really isn't. Each ant has a purpose, a job, a contribution to give that aids the greater good of all. You see, the Queen ant couldn't survive without the aid of the worker ants.

The worker ants wouldn't be there, if not for the Queen. The colony could not continue if there weren't replacements. All things working together is what makes it work. I have yet to meet a democratic, Republican, Pentecostal, or Baptist ant. Just to name a few. Smile Whether it's instinctual or not I do not know, but they stick together and do their jobs because that is what they have to do to survive.

The problem is you are taking the term replaceable far too personally. We are all replaceable, in that we just plain won't be here forever. So the job we did... Someone else will have to do. The car we drove... Someone else will have to drive... And so on. But as a person with your own unique set of ideals, your own unique personality, your own unique way of doing things... That is not replaceable. No one could be completely like you... Ever... Even if they tried.
0 Replies

zemnac

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:12 pm
That last answer was very good really Smile Im really confused though ,like thinking of doing something that noone did in order to be special , You are right im taking all this very personally, because if sometime ever have to ask myself if I have worth, even if bad things come my way I believe that I could make it through because then Il have the confidence and noone could disagree with that. Think about it , who will stand against a big name :/
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:37 pm
@zemnac,
zemnac wrote:

How to define a person's worth in life.
From little kid Iv heard many times in my life that everyone is special in his own way.
Can someone explain to me why is that? Like , well Im 1 person out of 7 billion people on earth ,theres surely someone else who will look like me and can do stuff that I do and maybe better and surely someone can take his place too , so no point of seeking that little tiny details that makes someone diferent since ,me,or he,she ...can be replaced. These rule though do not apply to people who really made a difference in human history like Einstein and many other big names. Its like ,if you watch an ant nest you cannot find an ant that is diferent but the queen that is bigger and has a great purpose o
n continue the nest's generation.Sure that the queen alone cant do much but the purpose of queen seems more worth living than a single ant out of the
thousands. So how come and everyone has his own value ? Me , he or she who could replace me and set instantly my value to 0 could also be zeroed infront of a recognized historical person(scientist, explorer , etc) because these historical people did something that their value stays "1" and cannot ever changed and they are recognized by people and not just say they were great just the way they were, I dare you to answer this!!!

Do you have children? Because if you do, you will understand that there is noone in the billions of people in the world that can replace you. You mentioned that queen ant too? Although shes fawned on, shes special, also her job is the hardest and most stressful of jobs as well, and when she dies, she is only replaced by someone just like her...just an egg producer...not really that special.
Do you feel like a wildabeast in a sea of wildabeasts? I think we all do. Sometimes its frustrating and we want to be heard and appreciated....for something. I have no answers for that. I just wanted you to know, you are not alone.

Let me say tho, the dudes who shot Lennon and Reagan just for fame, that got them nowhere. I dont even remember their names.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:05 pm
@zemnac,
Zemnac, I can assure you that you are unique . . . just like everyone else. Smile The best you can do is to be yourself.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:02 pm
@zemnac,
You can't base your worth on perceived acceptance or approval of others. You will be disappointed every time. Having a "name" is just that... Having a name. Having a title is just that. Having a title. It doesn't change who you are on the inside, and that's what is most important. Everyone wants to leave a legacy behind when they are gone. A footprint that says, "I was here."

There are very few who leave their footprint by rising to to greatness in the eyes of the majority. But the ones who do are only taking one step further than the average Joe. Its a big step though.... Literally disregarding what anyone in the world thinks or says because the road to greatness is a lonely one. There are far more nay sayers than supporters initially, or even perhaps for the entire duration.

Even the people they loved and trusted the most possibly turned away in doubt for a time. Deemed them as a nut case. Wrote them off as a loss, because they just didn't quite understand yet what that person who rose to greatness did. They had to endure so much more than most even realized they did.

Greatness doesn't just happen...

Those people made greatness happen by enduring and persevering through a season where everything was there, but it wasn't all quite put together yet, and nobody but them understood. Becoming great like that... Will cost you everything. Most people aren't willing to make that sacrifice.

But that doesn't mean you can't leave your footprint. Choose to be the best you that you can be. Be kind to others. Be compassionate, and care about others needs. See your mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow as a person, rather than a failure. Be honest and trustworthy. A person of integrity who actually does what they say they will. Those are the things people remember and those are the things that they will remember about you when you are gone. Smile
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:02 pm
@zemnac,
I don't mean to offend, but are you Oriental? I only ask because it seems to me that most Western people don't question the uniqueness and value of the individual, while the Oriental view is different; placing little value on the individual and great value on society as a whole.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 01:07 am
@zemnac,
Self worth is not necessarily gaged by a person's productivity, monetary value, and personal contribution to society. Self worth can be the joy you bring into other people lives. Do other people find you to be a kindhearted person? Do other people look to you for advice? Do other people enjoy your company and conversation? Self worth can be gaged in so many ways.
0 Replies