got rejected by a girl, but I think she is interrested now

night

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 04:45 am
hello,

On a marriage (not dating) site, I found I girl I like. I contacted her and we exchanged messages and she got interested in me.
On my profile, I wrote that I am only interested in short term relationship not marriage.
I showed the qualities in a man she would like to get married to. But, I was not sure if I wanted to get married to her then, because I did not know much about her.
She asked my why I am not interested in marriage and I said short relationship is better for me now and I am not ready. We kept talking to each other because I wanted to know more about her, and I think she was hoping that I change my mind. But, eventually she decided to leave the site, but gave me her email address to keep in touch. I sent her an email after few days, but she did not respond. I also sent her a chat request that she did not accept.

After a few months, I saw her profile in the same marriage website and I sent her a message to the email she gave me. She was so excited to see my email, and we kept exchanging some emails for few days. I found more about her, and I really liked her more. Then, she asked me about my intention and my expectations. This time I told her the qualities I would like to have in a wife. I also told her that the short relationship I was looking for few months ago was for the sake to know more about someone before I commit to a the marriage relationship.

She got disappointed and asked me why I did to tell her that I was looking for a short relationship for the sake of finding compatibility. I tried to explain to her that I wanted to know more about her before I tell her that. Anyway, she felt that I was not honest about my intentions and rejected me by saying we are not a good match. I tried again to explain to her a few days later, but she rejected.

We stopped talking for more than two months ago. I was following her in one of her social media channels. After the two months period, I decided to unfollow her.
I think she found about me unfollowing her, and posted in her social media a song that suggests she still likes, loves me and would like to come back. I am not quite sure this was about me, but because she only posted this after I unfollowed her, I think the song was about me.

What should I do now?
Should I email her?
Or should I wait for her to contact me?
Should I reject reconciliation after she rejected me?

Please help.

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:25 am
@night,
Leave her alone. The two of you are in different places in regard to what you are currently seeking. So, in the words of a not so famous philosopher, don't go hunting for a dead rabbit.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:36 pm
@night,
WHY on earth would you go to a marriage site if you were not interested in marriage? Duh . . .?

That girl was there TO FIND A HUSBAND.

and you wonder about all this?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 08:58 pm
@night,
I don't know too many girls that wouldn't run the other way:

- you go on a marriage site to find casual sex (that's how it reads)
- you talk to girls on that site who are looking for quality, and hide your intentions
- you get needy when they decide you're hard work
- you get a second chance and still go about it in a deceitful way
- you get needy when she rejects you a second time

Seriously:
- sort yourself out.
- work out what you want (it's obvious you don't know what you want)
- go after what you want
- stop playing hurtful mindgames with women
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:00 pm
Was this the song?

0 Replies

StAntonius

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:54 pm
@night,
Simply put, "short term relationship" is in my book a total f*cking oxymoron.

If you're truly seeking a relationship, you cannot know beforehand whether it will last long term or not.

Instead of "short term relationship", please simply say 'I just want to play mind games'.

That girl who has bothered to respond to you is probably only playing mind games of her own too, when she has nothing better to do.

What the two of you are doing is just an exercise in digital masturbation: it may feel good, but it does not achieve anything!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 04:01 pm
So you go on a marriage site looking for a short term relationship?

Someone unfriends you, but you assume because she posts a song it must be about you?

Think about that.
0 Replies