Would it be weird/should I be worried about my girlfriend

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 11:15 pm
So I work a schedule where I am away for two weeks. I left today and my girlfriend went to her uncles house later in the day to give him a ride home since his car will be in the shop. She cleaned her car while she was there and then eventually stopped respomding to me.

When I got off work I called her and no answer. She ended up calling me back 45 minutes later saying she and her uncle were in the hot tub. It just dawned on me that her aunt was out of state with their daughter. So I said that's kinda weird. She informs me that their son is also with them who is a young child. I figured it was still weird to me that she is spending the night at the house and in the hot tub with them. I wasnt trying to insinuate any funky business was going on, I simply just thought it was kind of odd to do that, knowing I wouldn't do the same thing. Mind you, she and her uncle aren't blood related, they are family due to marriage from her aunt.

She explains that I just pissed her off really bad and I tried to explain what I was getting at, but she wasn't having it. She just hung up and turned her phone off.

To be honest, I don't know what to think about it now. I don't think she's doing anything weird with him, I just think it's weird that she would spend the night and spend time in the hot tub with him while his wife is away.

Is it wrong for me to think this was weird? Was it wrong to say it was weird? She won't listen to me now either, like I said. I could use some advice on how to better explain it to her if anybody has anything for me...

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 11:53 pm
@snowmanak907,
Are you both teenagers?
snowmanak907

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:03 am
@ehBeth,
Is that supposed to be sarcastic? No, we are not. I just found that it was strange to me, maybe I don't have the same type of relationship with my aunt and uncles but I don't understand why she would get upset when I said it was weird.. I wasn't insinuating anything was going on but I think that's how she took it..
glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:23 am
@snowmanak907,
Really, do you honestly not know why she would be upset with you? Of course you were insinuating something was unsavory, you insulted her judgement and her family. Chew on this, she has known her Aunt and Uncle much longer than she has known you. Who do you suppose she thinks is more credible.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 08:55 am
@snowmanak907,
I would not find it strange -- but then I am putting myself in the position of spending time with one of my uncles. Not knowing the dynamics of her family that is all I can do.

My uncles whether blood uncles or not, were/are all looked at as similar to like a dad figure. Especially any that I would be particularly close to. It would be like hanging out with my dad or even a significantly older brother. Most uncles you know as a young child through being an adult. It would not matter whether a blood uncle or not if I were close to him.

It wouldn't seem weird unless there was some underlying item that you have not made us aware of. She is probably upset or offended if she simply has a close relationship with him and you say it sounds weird...it would sound like you are accusing her of something or else think her relationship with a close relative is weird.

I had an old boyfriend that used to say things to me if he thought something my family did or acted was different - he would tell me isn't that weird. Of course you take offensive you love your family and all family dynamics are different.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:26 am
@snowmanak907,
snowmanak907 wrote:

Is that supposed to be sarcastic?

no. it was a genuine question.

It didn't sound (to me) like adult dynamics in a relationship.

This
Quote:
I don't understand why she would get upset when I said it was weird
is another thing that I don't expect to hear from an adult. There are much better ways you could have expressed your surprise.

I guess one of the things you're learning here that different people have different feelings about their families.

__

Honestly, I was surprised that you would differentiate between blood uncle and uncle by marriage. I guess you would say I find that way of thinking weird*.

(*how'd that feel?)

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 11:12 am
Yeah. We all get that you think this is "weird". You throw that word around the way teenage girls say everthing is "cute"

No idea what your definition of the word weird is, as you obviously think something went on in the hot tub, and that she stopped responding to you because she wasn't cleaning her car, but engaging in sex with her uncle.

You don't think anything "weird" was going on, you just think it's "weird"

Translation: You don't think they were having sex, you just think they were having sex.

0 Replies