Inappropriate friend request

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:12 pm
I was looking at my wifes facebook and found where a married man had friend requested my wife at 2:45am, does this sound inappropriate to anyone besides me?

Lilkanyon

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:24 pm
@mporter1744,
No! I get requests from strangers or old school friends from high school all the time. You sound like you have a weird jealousy issue that is not her fault. If you are stressing that enough to come asking a bunch of strangers, you either have a really shitty marriage or you are a really jealous husband.
mom4life

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 06:52 pm
@mporter1744,
It depends on how she knows this man. If she doesn't know him well or at all, it is inappropriate on his part, but not on hers.
0 Replies

mporter1744

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:09 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Let me put bit this way: A man that you and your wife both know somewhat, sends a friend request at 2:45am to your wifes facebook account instead of yours would that be inappropriate?
Lilkanyon

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:21 pm
@mporter1744,
Maybe he found hers and not yours? Sounds like your jumping the gun. I am suspicious of men and jealousy. Do you trust your wife or not? If so, this is a non starter.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 09:44 pm
@mporter1744,
mporter1744 wrote:

I was looking at my wifes facebook

why?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 11:14 pm
@mporter1744,
mporter1744 wrote:

Let me put bit this way: A man that you and your wife both know somewhat, sends a friend request at 2:45am to your wifes facebook account instead of yours would that be inappropriate?

I ususally don't go to bed until around 2am, so I wouldn't find it strange at all if someone sent me an email/friend request/text at that time. I wouldn't find it strange if I did any of that toward someone either. I figured they'd read it when they got up.

What's the time got to do with anything?

Yeah, and why were you looking at her FB account?

0 Replies

Morromackly

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 11:34 pm
@mporter1744,
I think you are being jealous.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 07:54 am
@mporter1744,
Your wife has no control over what someone else does. It would not faze me at all if some guy sent my wife a friend request, regardless of what time he sent it. Of course, I totally trust my wife (and she trusts me) because we have never given the other any reason not to trust.

And I also wonder why you would be looking at your wife's FB account. I keep coming back to the belief that you have trust issues with her. Maybe there is a reason for that which you have not shared.

In any case, I think you are probably concerned over nothing here.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 08:06 am
@mporter1744,
Not necessarily. Is there a reason to be suspicious? Do you know this man? How does he know your wife? How did you discover this? Do you share passwords or anything - if so then your wife certainly isn't hiding anything.

To me the time should not be a factor - it could be he is in a different time zone, could be he had difficulty sleeping so was looking up old friends.

Facebook (I personally do not use it), but it is used frequently simply to keep in touch with family and friends - it isn't really a tool for affairs. Usually you are just sharing pictures and keeping up to date.

So unless you actually have a reason to be concerned besides this invite, I wouldn't worry.
0 Replies