The Left MUST accept the army records about Bush

Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 07:22 pm
Quote:
Perhaps you can refresh my memory. I do not remember getting into that with you. I may be mistaken but If memory serves I believe you have me confused with someone else.

I do stand corrected, I had you mixed up with squinney. I do appoligize for the mix up.

Now back to the debate.

Quote:
That was directed at me. And you have the audacity to complain about personal attacks? As far as what you wrote it was childish nonsense leaving nothing to discuss. . It is part of the American way and for that matter the way of the world to pay tax. None of us is immune to it not even you.

It was directed at you but not in an insulting way. Sure we have to pay taxes but the amount that people want people to pay isn't fair. Why should we tax those that have earned the money? It isn't as if they earned it overnight, a vast majority of the people who are rich have earned it from the groud up. If they didn't earn it then their parents did. Very few people who are wealthy have it passed down for more then 2 generations. I don't beleive in taking from one group and giving to another. Sure use the money to pay for standard govt services but don't use it as wealth redistribution.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 07:30 pm
Baldimo,

Do you have anyhting to say other than the usual right-wing talking points. "I don't believe in wealth redistribution" Gimme a break. You sure believe in right-wing talking points redistribution though.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:07 pm
Do you ever have anything to add of substance or are you here just to insite?
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:26 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Actually I am here to correct your spelling: in-c-i-t-e, thank you.

I will respond with substance if I ever happen to find something of substance to respond to.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:27 pm
In reality, I just like seeing the Two Faces of Harper on the threads!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 06:37 am
Baldimo wrote
Quote:
. Sure we have to pay taxes but the amount that people want people to pay isn't fair. Why should we tax those that have earned the money?

I guess that's because it is difficult if not impossible to tax those who do not.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:17 pm
Harper wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Actually I am here to correct your spelling: in-c-i-t-e, thank you.

I will respond with substance if I ever happen to find something of substance to respond to.

Harper,
You say it isnt wealth redistribution?
Lets look at some facts and numbers first,ok.
Only the Rich Pay Taxes!

NEW UPDATED FIGURES: Top 20% Pay 80% of Taxes

• CBO Report: Effective Federal Tax Rates Under Current Law, 2001 to 2014
• Posted Forever: Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes
• Excel file: IRS Income Stats
• Myth Buster: Democrats Get More Campaign Cash from "Rich"

If you look at the numbers,you will see that the r8ich do pay a disproportionate share of the income tax.
You are saying that the tax cut "benefitted" the rich,but you are apparently not using simple math.
If I pay $1,000,000 in taxes every year,and you pay $100,000,and we get a 10% tax cut,then of course I will get a bigger break,dollar wise.But,we both got the same tax cut.

Now,lets look at what John Kerry said about the tax cuts,ok...

They're not Bush tax cuts, they're Democrat tax cuts
KERRY: When Dean said, "What middle-class tax cut," let me tell him. The Burnett family earned $70,000. But under his plan, they are going to pay $2,178 more in taxes because they lose the child credit, they pay a penalty for being married again because he puts it back, and they lose the 10 percent bracket. Those aren't Bush cuts, those are the Democrat cuts that we worked hard to put in place to protect the middle class.

Source: Democratic Presidential 2004 Primary Debate in Detroit Oct 27, 2003

10% bracket in Bush tax cuts was Democrats' idea
The 10% bracket [in the Bush tax plan] wasn't Bush's idea. It was our idea. It was in keeping with the spirit of the Democratic party to try to help the average American get ahead. Increasingly, average Americans are getting stomped on; there's an unfairness in the workplace; corporate executives are walking away with millions and sticking the average American with the bill. We can cut the deficit in half, we can be fiscally responsible, but we don't have to do it on the backs of the middle class.
Source: Debate at Pace University in Lower Manhattan Sep 25, 2003

Bush tax cuts reach 32 million in middle class
KERRY: We Democrats fought hard to put those tax cuts in place. Those represent trying to reach the middle class of America. I think Governor Dean is absolutely wrong. And he's wrong on his facts. The fact is that 32 million American couples get about $1,000 out of the tax cut. The fact is that 16 million American families get $1,500 to $3,000 from it.
Source: Debate at Pace University in Lower Manhattan Sep 25, 2003

Voted NO on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years.
H.R. 2 Conference Report; Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003. Vote to adopt the conference report on the bill that would make available $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years. It would provide $20 billion in state aid that consists of $10 billion for Medicaid and $10 billion to be used at states' judgment. The agreement contains a new top tax rate of 15 percent on capital gains and dividends through 2007 (5 percent for lower-income taxpayers in 2007 and no tax in 2008). Income tax cuts enacted in 2001 and planned to take effect in 2006 would be accelerated. The child tax credit would be raised to $1,000 through 2004. The standard deduction for married couples would be double that for a single filer through 2004. Tax breaks for businesses would include expanding the deduction that small businesses could take on investments to $100,000 through 2005.
Bill HR.2 ; vote number 2003-196 on May 23, 2003

Voted NO on cutting taxes by $1.35 trillion over 11 years.
Vote to pass a bill that would reduce all income tax rates and make other tax cuts totaling $1.35 trillion over 11 years. The bill would increase the standard deduction for married couples subject to the 15% bracket to double that of singles by 2005
Bill HR 1836 ; vote number 2001-165 on May 23, 2001

So,as you can see,Kerry says that the Bush tax cuts were actually DEMOCRAT tax cuts,AND he voted AGAINST tax relief for the middle class.

Here are a few more...
Voted NO on eliminating the 'marriage penalty'.
Vote on a bill that would reduce taxes on married couples by increasing their standard deduction to twice that of single taxpayers and raise the income limits on both the 15 percent and 28 percent tax brackets for married couples to twice that of singles
Bill HR.4810 ; vote number 2000-215 on Jul 18, 2000

Voted NO on across-the-board spending cut.
The Nickles (R-OK) Amdendment would express the sense of the Senate that Congress should adopt an across-the-board cut in all discretionary funding, to prevent the plundering of the Social Security Trust Fund
Reference: Nickles Amdt #1889; Bill S. 1650 ; vote number 1999-313 on Oct 6, 1999

Voted NO on $792B tax cuts.
This vote was on a motion to waive the Congressional Budget Act against the Gramm (R-TX) amendment which would reduce taxes by $792 billion over 10 years by reducing all income tax rates by 10%, effectively eliminating the so-called "marriage penalty".
Reference: Motion to waive Congressional Budget Amendment in regards to the Gramm Amdt #1405; Bill S. 1429 ; vote number 1999-230 on Jul 29, 1999

Now,tell me Kerry is for the working man (middle class)
0 Replies