The Left MUST accept the army records about Bush

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
Mysteryman, it is my understanding that despite several releases of documents by the Bush Campaign, there is still a gap of service in 1972 of about seven months. The rest of us GIs were not able to do our duty on the flex time program and neither should anyone else.

My feeling is that George floated through the last two years of his commitment, not flying, not training, just showing up in the last few months because a few phone calls had been made to him saying "Hey, get over there and check in."

He was just another rich s.o.b. who skated through and then showed up at Harvard wearing his flight jacket.

John McCain and others were still in the Hanoi Hilton then, checking in everyday of their life.

Did George commit a crime? Not really, he just didn't serve like the rest of us either.

Then he pull his flight suit on and walks around with the real thing, well.... it takes some gall as far as I'm concerned.

Joe
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Mysteryman, it is my understanding that despite several releases of documents by the Bush Campaign, there is still a gap of service in 1972 of about seven months. The rest of us GIs were not able to do our duty on the flex time program and neither should anyone else.

My feeling is that George floated through the last two years of his commitment, not flying, not training, just showing up in the last few months because a few phone calls had been made to him saying "Hey, get over there and check in."

He was just another rich s.o.b. who skated through and then showed up at Harvard wearing his flight jacket.

John McCain and others were still in the Hanoi Hilton then, checking in everyday of their life.

Did George commit a crime? Not really, he just didn't serve like the rest of us either.

Then he pull his flight suit on and walks around with the real thing, well.... it takes some gall as far as I'm concerned.

Joe
He was a certified military pilot. Doesn't matter how you try and make it sound.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:20 pm
Brandon wrote
Quote:
Name calling doesn't prove much.

au1929 wrote:
Quote:
Personally, there is no dirty deed I would put beyond Bush's reach

That is not name calling although there are plenty of names I could call Bush none of them complementary. It is my opinion based upon his almost 4 years in office.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
He was a certified military pilot who was AWOL.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:24 pm
Also, it is acceptable in courts of law to accept circumstantial eveidence when it weighs heavily. It weighs like ten tons of bricks in the Bush case.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:26 pm
I have a certificate from the Rosicrucians that says i can raise the devil, but it doesn't say how high.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:30 pm
Money doesn't buy everything. For the rest, there's Bush's Mastercard.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:39 pm
moeny, or the dream of it, buys republicans.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:43 pm
but wait, from what i've heard in the news is no one remembers him, or his service. you'd think at least one person, even if he was ineffectual, could say "hey, i remember him, he was drunk most of the time, but he was there..." but no, nothing.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:47 pm
and he was such a memorable character, the connecticut via texas accent should have been a giveaway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:54 pm
Not to mention the Bushisms.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:56 pm
but i think a law needs to be put in place forbidding sitting presidents from dropping their "g's".
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:15 pm
dyslexia wrote:
moeny, or the dream of it, buys republicans.

You forget that Both the Johns have more money then Bush. Also when it comes to personal wealth in politics Democrats are in the lead.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:18 pm
Bush is so poor. He needs food stamps, I bet.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:20 pm
Yeah, and Tom Daschle bought the first Maybach that was sold in the states, a $370,000 car...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:45 pm
The democrats may as some claim be wealthier than the republicans. They have however proven to be less greedy being willing to give part of their wealth to the less fortunate thru taxes. The republicans the greedy little grubs want to keep it all. They ascribe to the Marie Antoinette system of government let them eat cake.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:59 pm
Pure as the driven snow I'm sure...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:01 pm
Being realistic, ain't none of them saints, on either side. That don't change Bush's lack of a military record for that period of time.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:47 pm
au1929 wrote:
The democrats may as some claim be wealthier than the republicans. They have however proven to be less greedy being willing to give part of their wealth to the less fortunate thru taxes. The republicans the greedy little grubs want to keep it all. They ascribe to the Marie Antoinette system of government let them eat cake.

Well forgive me for wanting to keep the money I made. I didn't know it was part of the American way of life to give away something I did for myself. Wait it isn't the American way of life to give away what I earned, that is the communist way of life. I guess you are living in the wrong country if you want to give away something that isn't yours. You see we as Americans beleive in hard work and earning what you have, it not being given to you.

I wonder what the level of charity work done by libs vers cons is? I would be will to bet that most conservatives (especially religious) ones give money to charity then do libs, because we beleive that it should be the people that help people, not the govt!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 07:05 pm
baldimo, is it really as simple as you claim? accusing au of being a communist is over the top. get a grip man, the money you earn is now funding a no-win war.
0 Replies