I'd love to know more about this story.

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 06:12 am
Quote:
Two men, aged 66 and 19, have been charged over the theft of a fire engine in County Antrim.

They both face a series of charges including burglary and causing damage to cars and homes.

The fire engine was taken from Larne fire station at 04:00 GMT on Saturday.

It crashed at Glenarm Road in the town, landing in a man's garden and damaging houses and cars along the street. The men are expected to appear in court in Coleraine on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35739284

It's like the joke about two drunks who try to steal a bus. One gets a legup over the fence and when he comes back says that it's no good because they didn't have a 45. His friend tells him he should have got a 77 and they could have got off at the roundabout.

It's the age difference that gets me, a 19yr old and a66yr old hanging out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,387 • Replies: 10

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 07:20 am
@izzythepush,
That and many others.

The news isn't really getting worse, but it is getting weirder.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 07:53 am
@Leadfoot,
I'll post updates when I hear more. I do know that nobody was hurt which is good, and it means we can have fun with it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 04:28 am
A bit more in the Independent and photos.

http://cdn-01.independent.ie/irish-news/article34515024.ece/40b47/ALTERNATES/w620/2016-03-06_iri_17440024_I2.JPG

http://cdn-04.independent.ie/incoming/article34513818.ece/871db/ALTERNATES/w620/fire.jpg

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/trail-of-destruction-as-fire-engine-ploughs-into-cars-34515025.html
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 07:53 am
@izzythepush,
That was no 'fender bender'. Looks like a case of two unlikely blokes getting pissed together and deciding they're not gonna take it any more. It would be interesting to know which one of them came up with the idea, old guy weary of the world or impulsive youth.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 07:57 am
@Leadfoot,
I think they were just trying to get home, and they were pissed enough to believe they could drive a fire engine.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 09:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Robert Duffin (aged 66) from Green Link, Larne, and Ross Clarke (aged 19) of Fairway, Larne, were brought before district judge Mark Hamill this morning.
Both spoke briefly to confirm they understood the charges.
They were arrested shortly after the crash on Saturday morning.
Clarke is accused of 14 offences, including burglary, dangerous driving, driving without an appropriate licence or insurance and aggravated vehicle taking causing damage to vehicles and houses.
Duffin is facing five counts, including burglary and aggravated vehicle taking causing damage to vehicles and houses.
A police constable told the court she could connect the accused to the charges.
Solicitors for both defendants said they had no questions for the officer.
They asked for the case to be mentioned again at Ballymena courthouse on Thursday when they indicated a bail application would be made.
The judge remanded the two in custody until the next hearing later this week.
Source
izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 09:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walt. I thought they might be related, (I suppose they could be.)
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 10:52 am
Sounds like the youngster was at the wheel.

Strange choice of a getaway car to use after the burglary.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 10:59 am
@Leadfoot,
I think the burglary was breaking into the fire station.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 08:11 am
Another story I'd like to know more about but probably never will. The guys mind is no doubt unraveling but the frequency of this type thing happening to people from all walks of life makes me wonder if it's that simple. No, I don't think the answer is Martians though.

The man arrested for the attempted murder of Pastor Tim Remington after he met with Ted Cruz delivered a 21 manifesto to the Whitehouse ranting that much of the world is controlled by 'hyper sexual Martians'.

It starts out with the following, much of which appears to be true. :

Quote:
“Who is Kyle Odom?”
“Born and raised in North Idaho,” Odom wrote. “Grew up in a loving family. Joined the Marine Corps after high school. Developed an interest in science. Went to school for a degree in Biochemistry. Won numerous scholarships and awards. Graduated Magna Cum Laude then got invited to prestigious university to work on genetics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/09/idaho-shooting-suspects-hypersexual-martian-manifesto-is-a-window-into-an-unraveling-mind/
0 Replies