More Bundy Arrests

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:46 pm
http://freakoutnation.com/2016/03/fbi-raids-going-down-more-bundys-arrested-eric-parker-and-other-militants/
FBI agents have been busy today. Another one (possibly two) of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s sons was arrested, this time in Utah. According to what David ‘Davey’ Bundy’s wife told The Salt Lake Tribune today, her husband was arrested just after 7:00 a.m. Thursday at the site of the house the Millard County contractor is building for his family just south of Delta.

Marylynn Bundy said she was told of her husband’s arrest by a worker who was blocked from getting to the house by law enforcement.

“I think they are just trying to get all the Bundy men locked up, so they can raid their homes,” Marylynn Bundy said.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Nevada confirmed to the paper that a charging document had been filed against Bundy, but said that it was sealed and the feds did not confirm his arrest.

The feds are busy making arrests today. After his role in the armed standoff in Nevada almost two years ago at the Bundy ranch, tea party activist Jerry DeLemus was arrested on nine federal charges today. He’s also the husband of Rep. Susan DeLemus, a crazy-time New Hampshire Republican lawmaker and co-chair of the state’s “Veterans for Trump” coalition.

Cliven Bundy and his sons Ammon and Ryan Bundy were jailed after organizing the six-week armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge near Burns, Oregon.

They have been indicted on a list of federal charges which include counts of conspiracy, weapon use and possession, assault on a federal officer, threatening a federal law enforcement officer, obstruction of justice and extortion.

“My husband had nothing to do with that Oregon stuff,” said Marylynn Bundy, a mother to his six children.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports:

David Bundy was, however, with his family in Nevada in 2014 when Cliven Bundy’s dispute with the Bureau of Land Management bubbled up into the standoff with federal agents, she said.

David Bundy was arrested and cited for taking a photograph of federal agents who were working to seize the family’s livestock, his wife said.

Marylynn Bundy said she tried to talk to federal officers at her home site on Thursday, but got little cooperation.

“They said they had a warrant for his arrest out of Nevada and that they were just doing their jobs,” she said.

According to the paper, Millard County authorities said they were aware of the FBI operation, but that the county was not involved.

There’s more.

The Citizens for Constitutional Freedom Support Group on Facebook write:

FBI Continues Assault on Bundy Family with Additional Arrest

The Bundy Ranch has just confirmed that MEL BUNDY has also been arrested today by the FBI. This arrest comes in addtion [sic] to today’s arrests of Dave Bundy, Jerry DeLemus, Eric Parker and Steve Stewart.

As of this writing, the following members of the Bundy Family have been arrested by the FBI: Cliven, Ammon, Ryan, Dave and Mel. Each of these men have wives and children still at home. This assault on the Bundy family and the people who supported them against the Bureau of Land Management is an attack on all of us and should send chills down the spine of every liberty-minded American citizen.

We’re trying to confirm that. You’ll remember Eric Parker from this picture which was widely circulated in the media.

If accurate, that makes two more Bundys in jail and two men who seized a bridge nearly two years ago, with at least one of them pointing a rifle at feds.

Someone who appears to be about the same age and name as Parker is listed as a person who was arrested.

Blickers

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Guess the Feds are thinking letting the Bundys get away with it in Nevada two years ago to prevent anyone from getting hurt didn't pay off, so now they are going after them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 09:19 am
Before the arrests came, I was convinced that the feds either were intimidated by right wingers of the type, or in sympathy. Glad to see them doing their job.
Blickers

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 09:33 am
@edgarblythe,
I think Ammon Bundy blew it himself when he took a little out-of-state vacation during the occupation, going to a meeting of so-called Patriots and giving them his "expertise" in how to take over Federal lands, and then bragging about it when he came home. That had to be a signal to the Feds to wrap this thing up in short order, lest they find out they have a dozen of these "occupations" starting up in the next few months.

Of course, the Bundys have no expertise at all, they devised a tactic of arming themselves plus using women and children as human shields, which prevented the Feds from just storming the place. That was their expertise.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 09:40 am
I don't believe it was ever necessary to storm these people. The tactic of arrest a few at a time works just fine.
Blickers

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 09:46 am
@edgarblythe,
I think the Feds know that now. I don't know if the same tactics the Feds used this time would have worked down in Nevada, the Bundys had people lining highway overpasses armed with guns ready to shoot back then. I don't know if Cliven routinely left his house to go to town at that time, the way Ammon treated Malheur as a vacation spa where he popped into town for shopping trips and meetings with other members of the Patriot movement.
parados

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:06 am
@Blickers,
Cliven decided to fly to Oregon. I am guessing he was on a federal watch list that he popped up on by flying. That made it easy to arrest him while getting off the plane knowing he would not be armed at the time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:30 am
It all boils down to strategy of patience. Killing just makes both sides bloodthirsty and unreasonable.
Blickers

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:44 am
@edgarblythe,
I think the Feds first figured to wait them out and eventually they would get bored and leave, but when they turned the place into the Patriots Club Med and started having open meetings with the Patriot adherents in Burns, the town and the state started hollering about getting them out of there. Then when Ammon Bundy openly went to out of state Patriot meetings to tell them how to take over public land, it soon became clear they had to get them out out in the next few weeks at least.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:34 pm
Grand jury charges 14 more people for 2014 standoff at Bundy Ranch
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/03/03/grand-jury-charges-14-more-people-for-2014-standoff-at-bundy-ranch/?tid=sm_tw
Fourteen more people are facing federal charges in connection with a 2014 armed standoff between backers of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and law enforcement agents who sought to round up his cattle for illegally grazing on public land.

In a superseding indictment filed in U.S. District Court in Nevada, the Justice Department charged Bundy and his supporters with a myriad of criminal counts, including conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States, conspiracy to impede or injure a federal officer, assault on a federal officer, interference with interstate commerce by extortion and using and carrying a firearm in relation to a crime of violence. Bundy himself and four others had already been charged, though the Justice Department said 12 more people were arrested and two more — already in custody for the recent takeover of a remote wildlife refuge in Oregon — were slapped with fresh criminal counts.
Blickers

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 09:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Funny thing is, the Bundys almost got away with it. The Feds looked like they were just ready to let the old man go, or maybe step in when he died and take the inheritance or something, but then the Bundys had to decide to get evangelical and carry their "message" all over the place. They'd have been much better off if they just stopped the first time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 09:22 pm
I believe they thought whole armies of like minded people would join in. They were wrong. People value their liberty and life way more than throwing it away like that.
Blickers

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 09:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree. With computers and modern communications, it is possible to build a whole community of like minded people who reinforce each other and believe that they are the real majority. You still see the Bundy supporters talking that way on YouTube and other places.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 01:35 pm
interesting

the police report just came out

there was somebody recording stuff inside Vinicum's vehicle. nobody in there actually witnessed the shooting.

links here

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/full_coverage_of_the_lavoy_fin.html

at least one FBI officer is in some kind of doodoo
Blickers

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 02:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Oooohhh, good one, EhBeth.

So Finicum wasn't hit by nine shots, he was hit by 3. And the so-called witnesses in Finicum's vehicle had their head down and didn't see anything, like some skeptics have said online. I'll read more later, but this is quite a find.
0 Replies