saab

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 11:07 am
@Ragman,
I like to read yours too.
I have the impression that most think I am man here on a2k.
Guess most people think only men are interested in cars.
roger

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:54 pm
@saab,
The thought never crossed my mind, but I have no idea why.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:58 pm
@saab,
hunh

never occurred to me that your e-name had anything to do with the cars
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:18 pm
@saab,
Are you a Swede?
panzade

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:52 pm
@saab,
I always knew you were a svenska flicka and delight in reading your posts.
saab

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 02:40 pm
@ehBeth,
not only cars, but also airplanes - aerospace and defence company,
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 02:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes I am
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 04:53 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hunh

never occurred to me that your e-name had anything to do with the cars

Maybe because you are a girl and thus do not like cars.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:28 pm
@panzade,
Me too.
Saab and I converse once in a while - I really like her.. I remember snapping at her about something rather early (you know me, eh), but that passed soon enough. I never not read her posts.

edit: of course we are different, but I think Saab and I have a lot in common. I get her sometimes sharpness, since I do that. I know we are interested in a variety of similar things.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:40 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

The seem fairly insistent that if I have another, I should resist the impulse to drive to the ER. It's a good hospital and once I mentioned that I thought I was having a stroke, there was zero waiting time.

First off, I'm glad you're back and sorry you were gone for the reasons you were gone. Hopefully some of the aberrations will be permanent and others less so. Be well and take good care of yourself.

As to the quoted sentence above, my daughters are still freaking out over the fact that I drove myself to the ER during/after my second stroke event. I told Mr B that I was pretty sure I'd had another small stroke and was going to go to the ER after I ran some errands. I got to the ER, said the magic words, "I think I've had a TIA or stroke", and, zooooooom, straight to the front of the line I went. Overnight observation became 72 hours and a battery of this and that test once they discovered that my previous event hadn't been so minor after all (who knew?) I'm on specific orders to never drive myself to the ER for a suspected stroke again. You should embrace similar recommendations.

Wishing you a full recovery and no repeat performances.
JPB

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:45 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Never quit, but they were treating me with some other stuff, but not the rat poison ingredient. I am also now allowing them to prescribe some sort of statin for cholesterol. At this point the benefits seem to outweigh the possible side effects.

I eventually stopped taking my prescribed statin but stayed on the CoQ10 that I had to take to counteract the muscle pains that were a side effect of the statin.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:48 pm
@Linkat,
I do like transports more than cars but I'm a part of an auto hound family

saab is just such a name name in my circle
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:50 pm
@JPB,
Yes to JPB and good to see you.

JPB

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Me, you too, osso.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:16 pm
@JPB,
Summarizing, after years of normalish bp readings, and taking my own as I worryworted back in california, all normal or close, I moved to new mexico, and went with dys and diane to their clinic. Since I was there, I was hoping they could test my eye pressure.

un, no, but they did take my bp, and it was around 180. Thus the lisinopril. I took it for some years, falling to the floor but not passing out, twice. New doc kept lowering the dose, when I reported all that. I was down to little and taking it only when the bp was over 120, so a few days had gone by when I collapsed under my chair, momentary blackout.

Five days of hospitalization later, it turned out to be the lisinopril, which they put me back on, to test (I said so in the first place), per the cardiologist, who then put me on a very odd drug (it could zip high and low), and cut that down in time, and he sent me over to my general.

In time, my general wondered if I needed those pills either. I tested it, and tested it some more, always taking pressures. My refrigerator door was full of data back then.

I've been off of all that for months now.

What can I say, I was heavier when I first arrived in ABQ.
JPB

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:22 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm heavier than when you moved to ABQ too. I stayed on this and that for a few years while I researched alternatives. Roger should follow dr.'s orders Wink
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:34 pm
@JPB,
I edited a bit, but no matter.

Yes, re not driving yourself.

I'm still grumpy I had to go by fkg ambulance. Diane got me there, and followed the fkg ambulance. By the way, I was completely sentient and my peppy self. Fat bill.

In my case, I figure it as a mix of fear of lawsuits and money love. Which I gather is usual in these circumstances, an urgent care center.

Back to Roger, who I know keeps his eye open. Keep doing that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:46 pm
@JPB,
Yeah. I rejected the statin's years ago just because of reading about the possible side effects. As you quoted, I have now decided the risk analysis has shifted. Truly, my cholesterol has been pretty well managed since that one bad lab result, but I really don't want to go through all that again. It might not turn out so well. The way things are going, I think I'm looking at a complete or nearly complete recovery.
JPB

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:54 pm
@roger,
Glad to hear it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 06:17 am
@roger,
Going forward you may discover small things that you wouldn't normally recognize as being attributed to your stroke. There's the physical (large and small motor) recovery, but there may also be other things that jump out at you. For me it was the inability to spell or write grammatically correct sentences. I mentioned it to the neurologist when I was in-patient during the second event and he nodded his head saying that that makes sense because of the scarring near the language center in my brain from the first event. Shewolf also mentioned spelling and language difficulties after her stroke. It was her comment that make me think, "hmmmmmmm, I wonder…." Turns out that's what it was.