Ex dates and old friend

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 11:06 pm
So I dated this girl for almost a year(She dumped me the day before our 1 year) and I've spent the past 5 months still trying to get over it and when I think I'm about to she pops up in my life somehow. I found out she got a boyfriend 3 weeks later and turns out he's someone I was best friends with in elementary school(Weird right) well this same guy was begging my ex for nudes at the time we dated and she messaged me to get him to back off and ever since then when he got scared that I confronted him I never heard from him again till now when I found out he dates her. I honestly don't really know how to feel about this and it's kind of tearing me inside when she's with this fuckboy after I gave her my all for a year. What do I do when I still can't get over her 5 months later?

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 09:22 am
@Badger2012,
Block her on social media and try to stay away from places where you could just so happen to bump into her. Yes, you've got to change your life a bit, but that's because you're the one who's hurting.

She can't just pop into your life 'somehow' unless you are making it possible/easy/upping the odds of a coincidence happening. If you work in the same company, it may be harder. But otherwise, yeah, you go to different bars or grocery stores or whatever.

And while you are doing that - because you're going to change a few things about your life - meet some new people. Just, say hello, small talk, silly stuff like that. Be approachable to other people.
Badger2012

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 09:37 am
@jespah,
I have her blocked on everything but she pops up in my life in weird ways. Her mom started talking to my mom, I was syncing contacts from my phone to Instagram for something and pictures of her popped up with her Instagram and her boyfriend holding her face kissing her. I'm okay during the day but at night I find myself thinking a lot because I have sleeping problems. I take medicine for anxiety and depression but it still doesn't help with my emotions
jespah

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 09:52 am
@Badger2012,
Well, I'm sure you can talk to your mother and at least cut off that avenue. Even if this is your mother's new best friend, she can at least not mention all of that to you.

As for Instagram, that's the social media site - the image probably came up because you have mutual contacts on Instagram. Annoying but that's just an algorithm.

Have you spoken with your treatment team about your sleeping problems? They might be able to give you some ideas for how to start a sleeping ritual. No drugs - this is more like thinking about a beach or the like to lull yourself to sleep.
0 Replies