He may be moving on to another mistress and we all work together...

pim121

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 11:44 pm
I've posted once before. Feel free to read for more info on the affair there.

Presently, the affair is over and him and I still work together in very close quarters. The reason it's over is because he began another attachment to a girl at work. I confronted him about it once and he denies any interest, but I would actually have to be stupid to believe him. He's denying it to the one person at work who know's how he is around a woman he wants. She's younger and more attractive. She's this petite little thing that dresses up and gets his attention easily. Little outfits, lipstick, the works. She plays in to it and they both pay extra attention to one another. She has a serious boyfriend as well. It's excruciating to watch.

I'm finally going to find a way to leave this job. I'm depressed and burnt out. I've lost 15lbs in 2 months. I thought he might actually care about me. I thought he really believed it was all a mistake and that we had to be strong together to move on. But, now this. He really is a terrible kind of man. He's fourteen years older than her too. It's just embarrassing and everyone at work is talking about their attachment.

I've never been heartbroken. It's true when people say it actually hurts. I never thought him and I would ever end up together, for the record. I knew it was all a terrible unreal ordeal. I just never thought it would end like this, that he was capable of causing this much pain in the process, or that he was a bad person. He never actually cared. He plays himself so well. I've seen him fool the best people I know. He comes across as a genuine and good man. Truly. He showed anxiety, fear, and panic through our affair like he couldn't carry it out. He said he felt like a monster. But he was really just playing the right cards to fool me. He got what he wanted, when he wanted it, and how he wanted it. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt. I've never misjudged someones character this poorly. He is the definition of two-faced. A snake. I now see why people say these kinds of things. They are so cliche, but they are also so real.

I take responsibility for my role in this matter fully. But, I can't leave my job for another few months, maybe a year. I don't know how to endure the pain until I can leave.

What do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 2

jespah

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 05:05 am
@pim121,
Work on how to get out faster, whatever it takes. E. g. take a training class, send out your resume, go to a career counselor, etc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 06:39 pm
@pim121,
pim121 wrote:
But, I can't leave my job for another few months, maybe a year.

in September you thought you could leave by the summer.

make that your goal.

have a target of leaving in June.

make sure everything is set up for that to happen. update qualifications and resume. start getting your resume out.

focus on your job and your future.

don't worry about him and his new woman. be glad you're no longer the one they are talking about (yes, they were talking about you).

your focus is on you now

0 Replies