Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 05:56 pm
As Al so often does, he has satire within his parody. Here he does Crosby, Stills and Nash, while taking a shot at corporate self-delusion. As has been the case for many years, the "official video" is brilliant.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 06:03 pm
Poor Al . . .

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 06:31 pm
@Setanta,
not getting wifi in the kitchen Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 06:37 pm
One of Al's early parodies . . .

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 07:14 pm
@Setanta,
dont recall this one at all. Its gotta be from the 80's

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 08:16 pm
@Setanta,
hahahahahaha

reminds me of recent FB postings by a former A2ker
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 01:45 am
@farmerman,
According to several internet sources, it IS NOT by Weird Al. Once sources says that Al was irritated because he never indulges racist humor (Unless he is himself the target--as in white and nerdy). It is said (i didn't check) that it does not appear in Wikipedia's Al Yankovic discography.

Note the hair style of the individual impersonating Al there, by the way. Al had eye surgery in the mid-90s, and then switched to that look.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:42 am
It's amazing the number of artists who have not only put up with his parodies, but who have even helped him out. This parody of a song by Huey Lewis and the News features Huey's performance on the recording.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:51 am
Michael Jackson was happy to have Al do parodies of a couple of his hits, and for "Fat," he provided Al the set for his video of "Bad" to do his.

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:54 am
@Setanta,
The interweb is certqinly there as a resource . I just hiked over a few wikis and found a site that lists "SONGS NOT WRITTEN BY WEIRD AL" and there qre quite a few. Heres the list:

http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/notbyal.html. However, apparently the group that DOES produce some of these parodies,(the Bob Rivers Comdy Group) is quite prolific(and they appear to be a bit edgier than eird l, who does a better job of monitoring that line which bounds good taste).
Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:56 am
@farmerman,
Apparently, he has a serious problem with this . . . and he doesn't want to be associated with racists or other creeps.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 11:48 am
The "Mission Statement" video reminded me of this:

boomerang

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 11:54 am
Another fun one:

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:12 pm
@boomerang,
That was fun, and it reminds of this by Post Modern Jukebox:

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:18 pm
@Setanta,
That was enjoyable in an otherwise blah day. Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:30 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks, that was high-larious!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 06:11 pm
@Setanta,
I love love love Postmodern Jukebox. Their arrangements are just brilliant.

Not to go off on a tangent or anything but I think this is my all time favorite

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 06:39 pm
PMJ is very lovable.

Al's 1992 album Off the Deep End includes a track entitled "Smells Like Nirvana." Al knew a cast member of Saturday Night Live, and called her when Kurt Cobain was scheduled for the show. Cobain asked if was going to be about food, and Al said no, that it was going to be about how unintelligible the lyrics are. Cobain thought that was funny, so he told him yeah, go ahead. Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, all of Nirvana, got songwriting credit. I've read online that Grohl and Novoselic performed on the video, but i have not been able to confirm it.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 02:33 pm
Here's one of Al's recent productions which i had not heard yet. Wonderful video, too . . .

0 Replies