Serious problems

Kristine

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:09 pm
I know you are all right. And what you said Debra woah. Now I understand where the psychiatrist was coming from. It

I'm still having a hard time though. Mainly because I hate starting over and switching my son's school is something I really don't want to do, to make it easier on him. Although I'm divorced from his dad he was too young and didn't even know we were ever married. My current husband has been his dad really.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:39 pm
dig his grave
bookmark
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 10:31 pm
Kristine--

This man is dangerous.

When the Abused Child Recently Deceased cases hit the newspapers or the nightly news, how do you feel about the mothers who let the deaths happen?

Do you want to be one of these mothers?

This grown man kicked your kid across the room. This guy might not mean to kill, but dead is dead.

Get yourself and both kids out of the relationship.

P.S. Do you want your son to grow up thinking kicking children is acceptable? After all, he has a role model--that you reinforce by staying in the marriage.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 12:14 am
It makes me so sad for the child.

You actually are worrying about changing his school? when he's being physically assaulted?

As Debra said-- Your child needs you to take action and do what is right for him. Getting him away from this man is Priority #1. Everything else comes after that.

Please show your son that you love him--by getting out of that relationship.

As long as you keep him in that house, you are an assessory to whatever happens to him.

The system that is pressuring you to get out--as someone else has said--also will help you get out. You can start in a shelter, and they have training programs, if you need it, and subsidized housing...

Stand up for your son! He knows right now you are choosing other things over his health and safety.

Best wishes. You can do it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 07:15 am
Of course I agree with the others. They covered all the bases and I just want to add that you need to get your children to safety. That is your first priority!
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 01:27 pm
Kristine,

I really wish you well and from the progression of this thread it appears as though you know that you must leave, and quickly. Your son needs your protection and more than that, he needs the reassurance of knowing you love him and will take action to see him safe.

A physical attack by his step-father is bad enough, but the longer you wait to leave your husband will contribute to undermining your son's trust and faith in you.

You have to be the adult here and make the hard call--leave and quickly. If you are in a quandary as to how, pick up the phone book and find the local number for the nearest Life Crisis center, they can help you relocate to a shelter if need be while you make other arrangements.

Please update us on the situation. We'll worry for you in the meantime.
0 Replies

briarwizard

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:06 pm
I can't say with any authority that therapy can't help, but instinctively I thought, "divorce the bastard" when I read this:
Quote:
He has physically abused my son...

I'm a father and I cannot imagine the mindset of someone who would abuse their child, (or anyone else's child). It seems that you'd need a very severe personality defect to be able to do something that horrible.

Even IF therapy can help, do you want to risk your son, (and most likely the rest of your family), by being around him while he's getting better?
0 Replies