Is it worth it anymore

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 06:10 pm
I've been in a relationship with my partner for 9 months. 5 of those were great. The last 4 has been pretty horrible.
I can understand when you move in together with a bf you can relax and be more more comfortable with one another.
But things changed suddenly, he gets angry and defensive. Whenever we have a fight, its the same issue, he doesnt listen to my concerns and tells me to chillout and its in my head. He says all these nice things about me being the one for him yet his actions are the opposite.
The fighting went from being somewhat bad to being so bad it lasts for days on end. He never wants to admit his faults in the fight. I make mistakes too and own up to them. I feel that he plays a m8nd game with me everytime. Its like how much he csn upset me and bring me down before hes had enough. Things got so bad yesterday that we were screaming at each other and he ended up breaking his phone that i bought fo lr him. Harsh words were exchanged. A lot of hurt pain and tears. I told him it was over and started packing my bags to leave. All he did was sit there and tell me its not what he wants.
I pretty much said well talk after our break. Im angry,confused and hurt. I feel like im.the one who puts the effort in to keep ot going.
he keeps saying he doesnt like being told what to do but does that give him a ln excuse to go out all the time get drunk with his friends and then realise that he has a gf. He wants his freedom but wants to have a gf. His past relationships have been very hostile and he ended up leaving when he had enough. He cheated on his first gf that he has a son with and the second one was apparently crazy. In all tye relationships ive been in, i have never fought with someone so much. I know i have the power to walk away. Now that were on a break im so lost. I miss him sure and yea i still love him. I just dont know what to do. He says theres been too much damage to the relationship but i just dont know how it turned sour so quickly. I posted on here before about wether i was clingy. Nope i was just and still am trying to figure out how things got so bad. He says he loves me and to stop worrying but hes just brushing it off. He can sit there with me and calmly talk about how hes sorry and loves me etc but thr next minute hes back.to the same crap. I really am lost. I want to stay but ive pushed myself so much emotionally for this person and have given him so much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 535 • Replies: 1

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 06:38 pm
@shordeel87,
You do not need to fix this guy. You do not need to take it.

It's not likely to improve any time soon.

Why stay?
0 Replies