Crazy on and off relationship

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 08:11 am
My ex and I started dating two years ago when I was 22. Things were perfect in the beginning, he was taking me out for dinners, and taking me everywhere with him. Things got bad soon after that , I was cheating on him and he also got very controlling and jealous, probably because of the cheating. Months later, I wanted to fix our relationship, and make things work on my part, but he just got more and more possessive, and clingy. After my cheating, he wouldn't take me out as much anymore, he did somewhat, but he didn't want to wine and dine me anymore as he did in the beginning. He took me out on trips but not out for dinner, and romantic stuff he used to do. I felt like this relationship couldn't be saved so I broke things off. Months after this, he found me and contacted a couple of times on facebook since I had changed my phone number. This was bad for me since all the leftover feelings came flooding back when I saw his messages. I was happy but at the same time I knew it was a bad idea. Sadly, I let my feelings get in the way and I gave him my number when he asked me to. We have been talking two months since then, by calling and text, and he has asked me out for coffee, to go out to the beach and some parks to go for a walk, at least 5 times but I said no every time. When i refused, he kept asking me to come over and watch movies, I kept saying no again. He told me "he would like to be good friends, or maybe more" When I kept refusing, He then began talking sexually to me and that "he wants to sleep with me and only me and needs me" After I refused, he got upset and said "Come on, i know what you like. You cant be without s** for too long, i am the right guy for you. The only one for you" To be honest, I want to see him as much as he does but I have a feeling he only wants s** from me, to use me now, or to get back at me for the past, or something. I might be wrong. A huge part of me wants things to go back to how they were when we first met, but I feel such grief and sorrow because I cant take back the cheating plus his jealous ways which ruined our relationship before. I know he wants to reconcile but I am scared of being completely vunerable to him. I do have feelings left for him but I don't want to be used for s**, if that's all he wants. We did have a romantic and passionate relationship and there were feelings involved but i am just very confused on what to do now. What should I do?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 09:48 am
@angelina24,
Block him and move on with your life.

There is no upside in allowing him to contact you. His jealousy has gone to a potentially dangerous place. The messages he is sending you are not normal.

Take control of things. Block him on all media.

Get out and meet new people.
angelina24

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 09:54 am
@ehBeth,
What do I do with my feelings then? I hate to admit this, but I still have leftover feelings for him which I was overcoming until he found me on facebook and sent me those messages. He messages me every day now and whenever I tell myself I will block his number from my phone, I end up unblocking it.
0 Replies

angelina24

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 09:55 am
@ehBeth,
Im also worried about missing out on a good thing, there were so many good times in our relationship. And the fact that he came back to me makes me wonder if its destined to be or something. But another part of me keeps saying "things can never be repaired"
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 09:56 am
@angelina24,
You cheated. He got jealous and possessive. You broke up. You changed your phone number. I think you should have stopped right there.

Maybe he wants to work things out, maybe he just wants sex. Who knows. There was a reason you cheated on him. There was a reason you broke up. I think you should end it once and for all and move on. Block him or change your number and start seeing others. This just does not sound like a healthy relationship.
0 Replies