What was the Scariest Movie(s) of all time?

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 04:04 am
mc awsome wrote:
PAASKYNEN

SCARY MOVIE 1

SCARY MOVIE 2

SCARY MOVIE 3

I saw scary movie 1, but no trace of werewolves even though quite many films were spoofed in that flick.

I also had the 'pleasure' of watching Darkwolf the other day. The pleasure lay mostly in laughing at the hilariously bad effects and the inconsistencies or illogical actions in the story. This was one more example of a made-for-video B-film.
0 Replies

FunkyHoward123

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 04:55 pm
Im Sorry to say but no movie out there is really scary, and the ring thats not suppose to be scary its suppose to be suspenseful,

But Saw was a really great horror movie
0 Replies

Funkystu

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 05:00 pm
imho, the scariest movie of all time would either be Alfred Hitchcocks Pshyco or The Excorcist.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 05:43 pm
Does anyone remember the "Dark Shadows" TV series?

The adventures of Barnabas Collins, the warlock!

That was so bizarre.

Creeped me out when I was a kid. I'd race home from school to see it.

A Horror Soap Opera! What a concept.

I don't think there's been any horror soap operas since. Has there?

Please tell me no.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 08:35 pm
Don't think so. Wait. There was a satanic storyline on a soap post-Dark Shadows, I think. Maybe. Right?
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 04:54 am
I used to love Dark Shadows! It was, I believe, my first "Can't Miss" show while I was in college - Barnabus was a vampire. There are reruns around - looks pretty hokey today....
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:08 am
Regarding DArk Shadows: somewhat dated, but: http://www.darkshadows.com/main.html

Also: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-2374/
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:44 am
"Dark Shadows" has been rerun on several cable channels including the Sci-Fi Channel I believe. It doesn't qualify as the scariest movie as it's a TV series, however.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:29 pm
I would have to say the Texas Chainsaw Massacre because next to my town there's a very strange lonely house that reminds me very much of that movie.
Those people don't usually come out and if they do come out, you usually see the old lady coming out with a very weird, creepy expression in her face. She comes out, goes to the barn and feeds the animals and goes back to her house running as if she's pissed. It's crazy.
There're lots of people like that in my small town.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:42 pm
"Hush hush sweet Charlotte" with Betty Davis. An old movie from the 60s I guess. You never saw anything, yet that movie creeped me out. I couldn't sleep for 3 days after that....

I like the old movies, that scared the daylight out of you,
especially the british ones were famous for it. All you
hear is footsteps in the London fog, a girl is walking faster
into the night, the footsteps get louder and louder....... Wink
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:05 am
"Hush, Hush" is a good thriller but doesn't hold up on multiple viewings for me.

Another oldie: "The Spiral Staircase" where the viewer is suddenly placed inside the killer's head looking out through his eyes. Really creepy.

The original "The Thing" scared me half to death when I saw it at a theater. The crew unlocking that one door and there's Jim Arness as the menacing alien standing directly behind it made my heart leap out and run up the aisle. It took me two days to find it again.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 07:42 pm
"jacob's ladder" was pretty freaky...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:07 pm
"How to lose a guy in 10 days."

Forced to watch this debacle by an army of females, I could have easily died of boredom or a fatal case of "chick-flickism."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 07:48 am
That is scary.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:01 pm
"9/11 Farenheit"?.......kidding..kidding! (mostly)

A few Vincent Price movies used have me closing my eyes. However for a more mature mind, a uniquely scary movie. the original, "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers"
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:10 am
"Invasion" was a very effective alien invasion sci-fi thriller -- when he realizes his partner has fallen asleep is one of the most chilling scenes in all of cinema. The best of the Vincent Price horror films is "The Mask of the Red Death."

It's scary that too many people made pronouncements on "F 9/11" without ever seeing the movie, mostly based on a bias that the filmmaker is overweight. I think many of those have too much fat between their ears.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 04:26 pm
THE most chilling scene for me. And so subtly done, like Eve White, changing into Eve Black.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 04:44 pm
I'm getting goose-bumps on the back of my neck just thinking about it.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:01 am
The scariest movie I've seen in my adult life was The Blair Witch Project. I could tell you exactly why, but it's not worth it. I've come to learn it's one of those movies people either like or they don't.

The creepiest movie (i.e. 'psychological thriller') I've seen is Seven.

In terms of just "good" horror movies, I've always been a fan of the following:

Creepshow & Creepshow 2
The Shining
Pet Semetary
Halloween & Halloween 2
Silence of the Lambs
A Nightmare On Elm Street

When I was a little kid, the scene from Twilight Zone: The Movie where the girl has no mouth gave me nightmares.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:54 pm
Quote:
When I was a little kid, the scene from Twilight Zone: The Movie where the girl has no mouth gave me nightmares.

Nietzsche, whatever you do, don't click this Arrow http://www.cheriecurrie.com/TZ01.jpg

Twisted Evil
0 Replies