Do you still think this girl will like me romantically?

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 05:15 pm
I am in the 9th grade and 15 years old. There is a girl that I like very much ever since September and I was talking to her like friends. Before Christmas break started in my school I gave her a Christmas gift and she said thank you. Eventually I was talking to her still then I approached February month. I knew that this years Valentine's Day was going to be Sunday so I planned for 2 months on what to get her and how should I give it. Then it was Friday, 2 days before Valentine's Day and I gave her my Valentine's Day gift, it was Gucci perfume, a teddy bear and a box of chocalates. When I gave her it she said words like "thank you" "you are a very nice person" and then eventually she gave me a big hug and I was blushing a lot. I asked her if she wanted to walk to class with me and she said yes and we were talking about normal stuff and just before we went to class I asked her if one day you wanted to do something after school for example going on a dinner date. She said she will see if she can do that and I just smiled. I was the most happy I can be during that weekend thinking what might happen next... Then Tuesday, the day we returned back to school she went up to me and said "hi *my name*, can I talk to you in gym class. I asked her in a scared voice " did I do anything wrong" and then she told me "no, you are a nice person". Then in gym class she approached me and mentioned from Friday when I tried to ask her out and she said "lets remain friends" I don't remember exactly what she said rest but I felt heartbroken. The next day I saw her pass by my class and I was crying, word got to her somehow saying that I was crying and she wanted to talk to me. She explained saying "I don't want to see you sad" "it not because of your looks or anything like that." She just wants to be friends. i was apologizing to her over and over and she was saying to me it is not my fault it's hers. However the next two days i haven't gotten a word from her and not even a hi. I asked her why she doesn't say hi to me anymore and she told me that if I said hi to you you would be sad and I don't want to see you be sad, but I asked her can we still be friends and she said yes. Now my question is do you still think I have a chance with her during while I am still in high school? After all she is not really popular and not a lot of boys like her, and I don't see her talking about anyone in our grade except for her having crushes on seniors but I know that's impossible for her to get? Do you think it's possible for next year to ask her again?

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 06:09 pm
@freshmen334,
She said she isn't interested in you romantically.

That's what it means. Not maybe. Not kinda. Not sorta.

You are a nice person, it seems, but you got carried away and you came on way, way, way too strong. She was bowled over, thanked you for your kind gesture, and then told you she was not interested.

Please find someone else to crush on. She said no. Please respect that.
0 Replies

lollypop35

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 02:44 pm
@freshmen334,
she does not want to date you but it seems that she deffinatly wants to be your friend. just forget all the drama and talk to her like a normal friend. next time u have a crush maybe get to know them a little more before asking them out
0 Replies