I don't know what to think

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 05:11 pm
I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years. We live 2 hours from each other. I've only met his son the whole time we have been together. He never invited me to his home. I assumed he has a wife. So I looked up his address and my friend drove me there. Oddly he didn't want to see me because it was late and in bed already. That was his excuse. However it was the next day he said he lives with his mother. I am I wrong for thinking this is strange? I also looked up the name he gave of his so called mom it comes up as she is 62 years old. He is 36 years old.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,654 • Replies: 6

Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 05:16 pm
@angelsrose79,
Quote:
I also looked up the name he gave of his so called mom it comes up as she is 62 years old. He is 36 years old.

So where's the problem? She was 25 or 26 when he was born. Where's the issue there? Living with your mom at 36, in general, is not inherently a problem.

Look, you have allowed this guy to keep his personal life hidden for this long. Now you arrived at his doorstep to discover things he was not telling you. You don't trust him and he's not into self-disclosure. To my mind this doesn't sound like a relationship made to last.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 05:38 pm
@angelsrose79,
What does this mean?
Quote:
I've only met his son the whole time we have been together.

Have you never met his son? Have you met him once? I'm unclear as to what you mean here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 05:46 pm
@angelsrose79,
angelsrose79 wrote:
Oddly he didn't want to see me because it was late and in bed already.

not sure what's so odd about not wanting to see someone after you've gone to bed

I'd have seriously freaked out on your head just for that
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 05:47 pm
@angelsrose79,
angelsrose79 wrote:

I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years.

I'm curious how you define relationship.
Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 08:55 pm
@ehBeth,
you know...texting and email..a real relationship
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 10:07 pm
@angelsrose79,
You said you looked up his address and your friend drove you to his place. When you appeared at his front door unannounced and uninvited, that was probably a bad idea. He might have been married. He might have been cheating on his girlfriend. Who knows. Showing up at his doorstep like that, could have turn out really really bad. If he wanted you to come to his place he would have voluntarily gave you his address and invited you over. You would have been better off asking him if you could come over to his place sometime. Then it would be up to him to say yes or no. It would also be up to him whether or not he wanted you to know where he live. If you are not comfortable not knowing things about him such as where he live, you should tell him.
0 Replies