Was my husband cheating

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 02:25 pm
My husband and I gave been married for 24 years with three beautiful Kurds. I thought we were happy until he left his phone at home last week and something made me go into it.
What I shock I got as I saw a message from someone called jay telling him that he is a man who does not keep to his words that's why she has not been answering to his calls and text and she has given up. The next text was at 8.20 pm from my husband asking her what she is up to, with her replying that she is in bed watching to and asking Jim what time he finished work. I then checked his call and found out they were on the phone that day several times after the text from her and at 10 pm.
When I confronted him about it he said they are just friends and nothing else.
Well that made me suspicious and since his phone is under my name I logged online and almost died. They were averaging 180 texts to each other every month for the past three years and calling each other every month especially late at night from 9.30 till midnight at times till 1 am.
Well you can expect my shock at thus betrayal. He said nothing in it but I don't believe it . He promised me he had told her that he does not want anything more to do with her and has blocked her number on his phone. I am numb as trying yo act normal in front of my children and family.
He is begging me to forgive him and sword that nothing more than text and calls went on which I believe as he comes home everyday after work and rarely hides out on his own.he said he has been a fool and will never do it again.
Part of me wants to believe him and start over again but there are too many unanswered questions and he refused to give me her full name. Please can you tell me if I should push him for us to go counselling as he said no

jespah

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 03:11 pm
@Bibiosh ,
I think counseling would be a good idea, regardless of whether he was cheating. It sounds like something is off-kilter so you both need to get to the bottom of it. Working with an impartial third party can help.
Bibiosh

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 08:14 pm
@jespah,
Thank you. I will try and convince him to do counselling
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 01:56 pm
I second the counseling recommendation. You've invested a lot of years and love into the relationship. Counseling can work if you both agree to be honest. It can even rekindle the spark.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 07:22 pm
@Bibiosh ,
LMAO!! Yeah..nothing else happened. Right. Let me tell you something..mine was home most of the time as well except on Sundays when he went to game with his "buddies' or was alone for 2 or so hours here and there while I cleaned an older friend's house. You should have seen HIS phone. More than just one, I can tell you. I actually talked to one of his and it was very eye opening.
0 Replies