Can't Get My Mind Off Of Teacher?

jaceptv

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 10:05 pm
Edit
So, I have this teacher and I really like her. She's new to my school. For several months, I've been super depressed and suicidal, and I've confided in her by writing her a letter b/c I'm awkward and I get nervous speaking to people. She read the letter, and she helped me that day. She said some stuff that was encouraging. She was saying how my life was worth living, and she was being, like, super caring about me. She also talked me out of suicide. She even made me start crying a little. I trust her so much.
Anyway, I haven't been able to get my mind off of her lately. (For, like, the past few months) I think about her all the time, and I want to talk to her more, but I don't know how. Or when. I know that I can't get into a relationship with her even though that would be awesome, so I'm not gonna try to hit on her. I just want to talk to her more about things, I guess. That probably makes no sense.
I mean, I've found her Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and I've saved a bunch of pictures of her to my phone. I get a surge of comfort, I guess, when I look at her. I can't get my mind off her, and when I'm in her class I get so nervous because every second seems so valuable, and when I'm not in class, I can't stop thinking about her. I can't even look at her without blushing!
But, my question is, is this stalking? Is it a crush? Also, how do I talk to her more about these kinds of things? She listens to what I say and stuff, and she responds and helps me too. What should I do?

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 06:37 am
@jaceptv,
First off, please forgive me, but this song popped into my head:

Crushes on sympathetic teachers are a mainstay of life. See also Rockpile's Teacher, Teacher and The Police's Don't Stand So Close to Me, and that's just what's on YouTube. People crush on teachers in movies and books, too. It's real life.

Accept what this is, that a kind, generous, and intelligent person is paying attention to you and is being helpful to you. Nothing more. Your teacher is probably kind and generous to other people as well.

In the meantime, socialize with the people in your class more. You don't need to love or date them, but a hello in the hallways between classes can lift spirits for the most unexpected people. When you get to be my age (I'm in my 50s), you reconnect with some of these people and you often learn the folks who seem to be the most together can sometimes be the most lonely.

So emulate your teacher and be kind and generous to all. Hard to regret doing something like that. Smile
0 Replies