Seven Year Itch

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 03:14 pm
Is there truly such a thing? What is it specifically and how can I recognize it? If there is one, have you experienced it? How do you avoid it? Please advise as I am fast approaching my seventh anniversary.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,164 • Replies: 3
No top replies

doglover

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 03:26 pm
Sure I think there is such a thing as a seven year itch. However, I don't think it comes to everyone at exactly seven years...LOL

My seven year itch was more like a thirteen year itch. Razz

I didn't have any warning signs. I suppose the best way to avoid having a seven year itch is to not let yourself be caught off guard and smitten by someone other than your spouse.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 03:33 pm
Yep...

I think the concept of 7 year itch is that that's about when the marriage is old enough that it takes work to keep things fresh, but new enough that the couple are still young and [looks for better word, gives up] horny.

That plus most people change significantly in 7 years; there is a question of, OK, I was attractive then, what about now? Let me test... oh. (Trouble.)

I think it also comes from a time when people had short(er) engagements 'cause they wanted to get married and shack up, and I'd date the beginning from when you started to be exclusive with your spouse, not your marriage date. So if you were together for a while before you got married, you may have already passed it. :-D (Ignore doglover's little 13-year itch comment... :-P)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 08:58 am
Thanks all. I guess I don't have to worry, as we are so busy with anyone, that neither my husband or me would have a minute for any outside activities - I rarely have time to even read the Sunday paper. Just wondering how true it is or whether it is a myth. Also dealing with one man is tough enough, I don't need another to complicate my life any more than it is. Since we knew each other a couple of years prior to getting married, hey I passed it and didn't even know it. Well that was easy - another crisis is over.
0 Replies