How to survive a date with a friend

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:09 am
Hi everyone
So this is my story:
I'm from Denmark and I've been on a study abroad for 6 months. While I was in Sydney I had a boyfriend in Denmark but we broke up right after my study abroad.
In Sydney I've met a guy also from Denmark. I had a great time with that boy, we did a lot of trips together, we went for lunch and dinner together almost every day so our friendship was very intense. The last weekend was very special and he made it very clear that he likes me more than just a friend. He never tried to kiss me or something but I'm pretty sure that this is because I had a boyfriend at that time. The last evening he gave me a very long hug and said to me that he would miss me a lot and that I was very special for him. When I was back in Denmark me and my boyfriend broke up, we had already talked about it while I was on my study abroad but we wanted to talk in person before we ended things for real. The day after I broke up with my boyfriend the danish guy from sydney sent me a text and asked if I wanted to do something. ( we live in the same city). I replied that I really wanted to do something but that I just broke up with my boyfriend and that it feels rude to hang out with an other boy the day after my break up. He totally understood that and was concerned about how I felt because of the break up. He kept on texting me every day to ask how I feel and what I did. A few weeks later I asked him if he wanted to eat a pancake with me on a sunday. He replied that he was busy. I found that weird since he was texting me every day but didn't want to go out. I asked him if something had changed his mind and he answered that nothing was changed, that he still wants to go out with me but that he was busy with exams and that after his exams he would like to go out. He also said that it felt weird being back in Denmark and that he wanted to be sure and take things slow since we had everything in common in syndey but we don't have the same friends, activities here in denmark. He kept on texting me every day. Now is his last week of exams and he asked to have dinner on monday evening. I'm very excited about that cause I like him a lot. I just don't really know how he feels about me, since he rejected me when I asked him to go for pancakes. The boy has never had a girlfriend before and I'm sure he has no experience with dating girls. I'm pretty scared that nothing will happen because he won't dare to take the first step. I'm a bit more experienced and I wouldn't mind to kiss him first. I just don't know if he will be ready for it? What do you guys think? Do you think I should go for it? Or do you think he will need more time? I'm just scared that if nothing happens on this date that he won't ask me out again...
Please give me some good advice!
Thank you!

saab

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:33 am
Take it easy with him.
Go out with him as a friend and not as a future boyfriend.
Enjoy your good memories you had together in Sidney and take time to see if things will develope o something more than a good friendship now back in Denmark.
Held og lykke.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 10:30 am
@mimzie123,
go out for a meal

do not assume it is a date

do not assume it is leading to a relationship

go and have a good time with a friend

there may be something more in the future

right now it is a meal with a friend

(dating is not the same thing as having a boyfriend/girlfriend - he may have dated in the past without moving to having an exclusive relationship)
0 Replies

joell

Sun 28 Feb, 2016 12:12 pm
@mimzie123,
If you want to date your friend, be sure you are sure about what you are feeling. Is it just admiration? Is it just physical attraction? Do you really see a potential partner in your friend? Do you accept her flaws and her not-so-good attitudes? Indeed, dating a friend is risky because it can lead to losing the friendship. If the relationship leads to a breakup, you have to consider as well that the friendship will never be the same as before if ever you decide to remain friends.

0 Replies

Count of Banterbury

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 10:57 am
@mimzie123,
Hahaha! A bit younger guy speaking (27)

How to get intimate with a guy if you are a girl and he is shy? Very easy! Ever heard of "Netflix and chill"? Very Happy Just invite him to some private, romantic area - best to your or his flat, open a bottle of champagne or smt. (drink a little bit, it helps a lot Very Happy ) lie on the bed, watch a movie and let the magic happen Very Happy

I am not saying this is manual to have a sex with guy, if you want kiss, allow him kiss. If hug, than hug. But he will feel much more comfortable and braver here than in some public place Wink

when he told you he is busy with school, I think he was telling truth. Or had other job that did not want you to know about. His feeling for you probably remained unchanged. Don't feel insecure, your doubts can make things only worse, never better. Feel the life instead of overthinking it Wink
0 Replies

thaisingles

Wed 2 Mar, 2016 04:31 am
@mimzie123,
Just enjoy your time. No need to scared. Take it easy with that guy.

Have a great time!!
0 Replies