Can't find a way to forget him after almost everything?

taniar

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 02:39 pm
Hi everyone, I wanted to share my little story with all of you here.
I have met a guy in 2011 and been dating him for 4 years. It was definitely love from both sides. We had a lot of good stuff going on, but also had lots of problems. We broke up, maybe ... 4 times and got back together. We couldn't stay without talking at each other. Maybe because we got used to it. However, I was working in a job just started there and had a lot of hard work to do, and he started going to a group with political interest. Since then our thoughts about life changed and we started having problems. Almost every discussion was about politics, I couldn't stand it any more and just started to say things like "Yes", "OK" , "And.. yea". Time passed by and we got out with each other just for sexual interest, even though i always felt the same way. One night we went out, that was the worst night ever we barely talked. We were in a point of our relationship that had to make a change or to break up. He brought me home and I was in his car. He turned his head around and was starting to say something but I didn't allow him to talk just said "It's okay" I hugged him, got out of the car. And we didn't talk anymore. I do was brokenhearted. And made a mistake. I wanted to just have enough of that old love. I wanted to forget him. Just to vanish him of my brain because it was causing me so much pain. I started to talk to someone that liked me. I dated him after some months. He saw me with him, I still remember his shocked face. He probably is hating me for this, and thinks that I don't even care, or that I never cared at all. I never loved this other guy, broke up with him.I learned a lot of lessons there. That's why I don't see it optional talking to him again, I just want to forget him. I hate the fact that I can't forget him anyway. I really think that I will never love again. And that nobody will ever make me feel that way. And that I will end up as a lonely women.

Any suggestion, or help would be welcomed. Thanks...

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 02:50 pm
@taniar,
Stop worrying so much about what this jerk thinks.

Go and live your life and don't give him a second thought. It is not your mission in life to strew rose petals in his path so his feet don't get hurt or toss out throw pillows to protect him in case he falls.

He is a big boy. He will be fine. He is not your responsibility.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 06:43 pm
Keep remembering the "problems" you two had. It sounds like you are dwelling on the fantasy-love, the limerick of love at its beginning.

Look - he's not pursuing you? Sending you flowers? Asking you out? Wanting to see you?

NO - he's just there in his own world.

Move on and find someone more mature and no so fixated on politics.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 07:05 pm
@taniar,
Your emotions at the moment are based on your most recent experience. But life brings many levels of happiness and sadness. When one thinks there's only one person in their life that they wish to share their life with is not totally true.
I think most people are involved with several people of the opposite sex during their social life. When I look back on my life, I believe I ended up with the right woman.
0 Replies

taniar

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 05:16 pm
@PUNKEY,
Exactly, I just can't get out of those good memories. But thank you very much for these words. Will repeat them in my head.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 08:28 pm
@taniar,
My wife got me a pulled pork sandwich for dinner.
0 Replies

sidharth sid

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 11:02 pm
@jespah,
live your life freely and do fun... he got changed after since he took interest in politics .. now he don't care for you anymore .. you should move on and get him out of your mind.. keep yourself busy..
0 Replies