Should I let him go?

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:45 am
Me and my boyfriend decided to have a break after we had an argument. Im his first girlfriend and since he is not used to being with someone, he told me that he was kind of tired of being with me the whole weekend. I usully spend the whole weekend in his house so I understand why he would be tired. This was the reason why we decided to take a break. Anyhow, after our one week short break, we met and talked. I thought about what we had talked about before the break and ended up understanding him and willing to meet him maybe once a week if that would tire him less and would save our relationship. Sadly, when we met, he told me he wanted to break up with me because he felt i was the only one giving in this relationship and he didnt think it was fair for me. He also said that he is not the type of boyfriend that i would want, who would be with me everyday. That he really wanted to be a boyfriend like that but that he simply isnt that kind of person. He said that i deserve someone better. He was crying a lot the whole time he said this and when i asked him if he still loved me he said yes. I told him that if he still loves me we should try saving our relationship. He said ok but that he needed one more week of a break. I dont know what i should do. I love him so much and i know he does too. What should i do with this relationship? Should i keep trying to save it or just let him go?

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 05:46 am
@sun860123,
Sounds like you are at an impasse.

I suspect that if you give into his preferences here, you'll give in for other reasons, too. He's right that it's far too one-sided.

Sing along with Elsa, and let him go.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 10:32 am
@sun860123,
He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Sure he isn't interested in another girl?

His request for certain week "time off" makes for a suspicious request.

He sounds like he's trying to figure out something, and there's another issue in the way.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 11:25 am
@sun860123,
My blunt advise is to bail 0- not in a cruel way. For right now he seems incapable of being in a committed romantic relationship with you (or anyone probably). whether or not he will be in the future, who knows.

Eventually, perhaps even soon, you'll find someone else if you're free of this relationship.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 03:00 pm
@sun860123,
I think it's too late.

48hrs I assume you are / were with him. Weekends at his age is about going out with the boys "as well" or doing something that he likes to do, as well. 48hrs during a time slot that has so many possibilities tied into sitting on the couch, tv, eating, etc makes him feel married, very tied down.

He has told you, he's not the one for you, it's one sided. He has told you that he can't handle 48hrs in the only time he has off from school/work. Now that you have gone back to compromise, he doesn't know what to say to you, he has a heart and cares, so he opted for "ok 1 more week".

He wants his space, regardless of how he may feel about you, he's not ready for any relationship.

Old saying " If you love someone, set them free, if they come back to you, they're yours if they don't they never were".

0 Replies

JessicaVibes

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 05:30 am
@sun860123,
Hello sun860123,
I am Jessica from Fullerton, (CA), about your CASE, I think you should your B/F some time to do his job and etc works. If he still loves you then I am sure he will come back to you sooner or later. But you also try to find out the reason behind it.
0 Replies