Blickers

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 07:41 pm
@georgeob1,
And once again george, you miss the fact that the Labor Force Participation Rate the GOP is pushing as a measure of economic health is far less indicative of general economic health than the indicator they want it to replace, unemployment rate. As stated previously by me, and ignored previously by you, if 10 Million workers get laid off next month, at least the unemployment will zoom up precipitously. The Labor Force Participation Rate will be unchanged.

Which is why the LFPR statistic was unknown to nonprofessionals in the economic field until it became convenient for the GOP to trumpet it as the REAL indicator of the economic picture, much like you tried to do with Cicerone Imposter. And why the use of the Employment-Population Ratio, ages 25-54, gives a far better view of the relationship between employment and population increase. If 10 Million workers get laid off next month, believe me, the Employment-Population will reflect it. The LFPR will not.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 07:49 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
However the recovery really is slower than nearly all previous ones, and our GDP growth appears to be tapering off,

And as you constantly ignore, the economic setback we are recovering from is hugely deeper than the recessions you want to compare this recovery to, as almost every economic chart you can imagine illustrates.

http://cdn.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-states-gdp-per-capita.png?s=usanygdppcapkd&v=201601121542m&d1=19160101&d2=20161231

I don't see any inflation-adjusted GDP per capita dips like the one Obama faced when he first took office, do you?
Blickers

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 08:02 pm
@Blickers,
What the heck, just figured I would make the chart even clearer as to how much greater was the recession Obama faced when taking office than the recessions george is comparing it to:

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Obama%20takes%20office%20chart_zps5m4sdv8f.png
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 08:23 pm
@Blickers,
All one needs to know is that the economy does better under democratic presidents. CBS has provided some info on this subject. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-economy-grows-faster-under-democratic-presidents-than-republicans/
McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 09:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

All one needs to know is that the economy does better under democratic presidents. CBS has provided some info on this subject. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-economy-grows-faster-under-democratic-presidents-than-republicans/

Quote:
Conclusion:
In other words, the healthier performance of the economy under Democrats than Republicans may provide a useful line in a stump speech for Democratic presidential candidates -- but it seems to have more to do with the fortune of timing than anything else.
Rolling Eyes
revelette2

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 07:35 am
@McGentrix,
Then I suppose democrats attracts fortunate timing pretty consistently.
Lash

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:13 am
An interesting cause and effect trail from Iowa: Because Hillary suffered such a close tie with Bernie in Iowa, she's changing her campaign MO. That change benefited the Sanders campaign.

The Clinton campaign largely ignored him initially. No attacks, but quietly appreciating the blackout by media and the helpful pro-Hillary behavior of the DNC. Since Bernie had virtually no national name recognition, this would have been my battle too. Win by attrition. This way, Hillary can be lifted to nominee status as he naturally falters.

But, Bernie caught fire. I noticed that it still seemed that Hillary was still keeping her hands clean, but the DNC and the MSM upped their game to keep the public from hearing about Bernie for her benefit.

This hasn't worked either. The news about Bernie is getting out. Sanders and Clinton are even nationally now. So, she's obviously been advised to attack him directly, as she did in the political forum she pushed for immediately after Iowa. Of course, the MSM - as they always do - pronounced her as the winner.

Anyway...lol

She was booed during her attack, and her insistence to have the forum - ostensibly to directly fight Bernie - backfired. The more people who see and hear Bernie, the higher his polling numbers.

Bernie was able to share his poignant American story, and it resonated deeply with many Americans.
Blickers

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:39 pm
@revelette2,
Quote cbsnews:
Quote:
Conclusion:
In other words, the healthier performance of the economy under Democrats than Republicans may provide a useful line in a stump speech for Democratic presidential candidates -- but it seems to have more to do with the fortune of timing than anything else.

Quote revellette:
Quote:
Then I suppose democrats attracts fortunate timing pretty consistently.

Or like George Steinbrenner said when he obtained Reggie Jackson for the Yankees: "Championships just seem to follow him around".
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:42 pm
@Blickers,
Here's the truth about why the economy does better under democrats.
Quote:
Opinion: Lucky or not, the economy does better under Democrats

Published: Oct 27, 2015 12:43 p.m. ET
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:51 pm
Clinton's Support Holds Steady Nationally

Quote:
And then there were two. Following a near-tie in the Iowa caucus Monday, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders went toe-to-toe last night in a debate in New Hampshire, the setting of next week’s primary. Have the dynamics of the race changed?

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely Democratic Voters would vote for Clinton if the Democratic presidential primary were held in their state today, while 32% would opt for Sanders. Twelve percent (12%) like some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 04:05 pm
@revelette2,
Polling Data Sorry for the mess.
........................Poll Date Sample MoE Clinton Sanders O'Malley Spread
RCP Average 1/18 - 2/4 -- -- 50.4 36.4 2.3 ...............Clinton +14.0
Quinnipiac 2/2 - 2/4 484 RV 4.5 44 42 --.................... Clinton +2
Ras Reports 2/3 - 2/4 574 LV 4.5 50 32 -- ......................Clinton +18
PPP (D) 2/2 - 2/3 517 LV 4.3 53 32 -- ......................Clinton +21
IBD/TIPP . 1/22 - 1/27 349 RV 5.4 50 38 2.......................... Clinton +12
CNN/ORC 1/21 - 1/24 440 RV 4.5 52 38 2................... Clinton +14
ABC/Wash Post 1/21 - 1/24 406 RV 5.5 55 36 4 ..............Clinton +19
FOX News 1/18 - 1/21 375 LV 5.0 49 37 1.................... Clinton +12
All 2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination Polling Data
revelette2

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 04:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I noticed your data still has O'Malley in it. Rassmuem's was published on the fifth, yesterday, so it is newer.

I am wondering who is the other candidate 12% would vote for.

Blickers

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 05:13 pm
@revelette2,
Even though Rasmussen has Mrs. Clinton up by 18 points, it is impossible to take Rasmussen seriously. Basically, it is an arm of the Republican Party, as they proved when they predicted the day before Election Day 2000 when they predicted Bush would win the popular vote by 9 points.

I don't mean to criticize, you posted several polls, but Rasmussen is one poll that is frequently mentioned as a serious poll, and its major purpose is to provide favorable Republican numbers for conservative talk radio hosts to talk mention.
revelette2

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 05:22 pm
@Blickers,
Maybe that explains who the other candidate is of whom 12% would vote for?
Blickers

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 08:34 pm
@revelette2,
Maybe the 12% is "Don't Know"?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 08:54 pm
@Blickers,
From yahoo.com:
Quote:
Who will Sanders appoint as Treasury secretary or SEC chairman when he is president in order to implement his heralded political revolution? Maybe he will pull an Obama and appoint the usual Democratic Party suspects. Perhaps, like Franklin Delano Roosevelt with his New Deal brains trust, Sanders will elevate a cadre of relatively unknown academics and lawyers to implement big reforms. But FDR’s advisers were already part of a progressive movement that urged the government to use science and economics to better the lives of its citizens. If Sanders has a brains trust, we haven’t met them yet.
Blickers

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My guess is that Elizabeth Warren will be in the mix for Treasury Secretary or SEC chairman. But even if her role is not there, ( I think she will be involved with a Sanders Administration in some capacity if Sanders wins), there are progressive critics of Wall Street aplenty and I am sure Sanders already has some names in mind.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:06 pm
@Blickers,
Here's another interesting tid bit about republicans.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/sep/05/bill-clinton/bill-clinton-says-more-republicans-democrats-have-/

How many times have the republicans tried to repeal Obamacare? 52?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Report: Errors found in Democrats' Iowa caucus results; delegate count under review

DES MOINES, Iowa, Feb. 5 (UPI) -- Caucus results that handed Hillary Clinton a triumphant victory over Bernie Sanders in Iowa earlier this week may not be exactly how they were officially listed. Democratic party officials have reportedly confirmed that parts of Monday's results are being reviewed after some purported discrepancies were uncovered. The Des Moines Register reported Friday that a state party spokesman had confirmed at least one discrepancy in the delegate count. "Both the Sanders and Clinton campaigns have flagged a very small number of concerns for us, and we are looking at them all on a case-by-case basis," Iowa Democratic Party spokesman Sam Lau told the Register.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 12:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
This is pretty funny-more young Republicans taking on their parents' Obamacare coverage up the age of 26 than young Democrats.

Maybe the health care solution in this country is a cross between Hillary and Bernie-gradually raise the age young people can be on their parents' Obamacare and gradually lower the age you can go on Medicare until they both meet in the middle, and everyone's covered. Laughing
0 Replies