my crush found out i like him!

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:14 pm
i was texting my freinds and they were all at someones house. i facetimed her and i saw my crush. i then txted her, not knowing my crush took her phone, i said , "oh, so ari there!" and i sent heart emomjies. well he saw that. then he texted me at 12am we were texting for half an hour. it pretty much went like this, " is it true? yes r things gonna be different in school? its up 2 u. how? dont tell anyone? " pretty much he still wants to be friends. today i found out that my friend whose phone he stole has been talking to him a lot. she kept saying how it will be fun at school. i said y and she said beacuse my and him will be talking in person. i asked y she thought it was fun to make me feel akward and she just kept saying "idk" i sparined my foot and the doctor wanted me to rest so iv missed school. what do i do when i get back to school? oh also my crush sits next to me in math1 HELP!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 906 • Replies: 16
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by lollypop35
lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:18 pm
@lollypop35,
PLZ HELP
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:18 pm
He found out you like him, and he didn't laugh or freak out! Where's the problem? Isn't this a good thing?

lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:39 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
i guess, but its kinda akward, at one point he said we might look at each other funny, and i was like then dont, and he was like ill try. im kinda mad at my freind though. she doesnt care at all that its akward
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:45 pm
When you are older you will look back fondly on this "awkwardness". It is a charming part of growing up.
lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:47 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
ok so fine, but how do i show my friend im mad at her. also the boy is making it super akward too. yeah hes taking it good but still. my friend keeps saying how its funny and im starting to get realy mad at her. i want her to know im mad. but how? please dont say just tell her!
chai2

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:02 pm
@lollypop35,
lollypop35 wrote:

please dont say just tell her!

I would use the Vulcan Mind Meld to let her know how you feel.

lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:04 pm
@chai2,
thats not funny
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:20 pm
@lollypop35,
Why not? simply explaining your irritation is a preferred way of showing you were annoyed.
lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:22 pm
@ossobuco,
idk, i suppose so, but shes the type of person who would tell anyone anything. im scared shes gonna tell my crush im mad at her. there freinds. that will just make it a bigger deal
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:24 pm
@lollypop35,
So what? it seemed she tricked you, and you have a right to speak about it.
lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:25 pm
@ossobuco,
idk, me and this boy were friends. i dont know what to do!!! this girl is being realy insensitiv. ok so if i do decide to tell her im mad, how? it will have to be through txt
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:12 pm
@lollypop35,
I'm guessing you are around thirteen, a teen anyway, and all in a panic. Tes yeux noirs was right, sometime you may look back on this and enjoy the memory. Just enjoy that he likes you. As for the friend, maybe that wasn't her trick, but his. She does sound insensitive, but may be just confused when he took the phone, and then confused by your reaction. Talk with her, if you still want to, when you see her face to face. Texting is overrated. Oh, and relax.
lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:17 pm
@ossobuco,
thanx sooo much
Finn dAbuzz
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:36 pm
@lollypop35,
lollypop35 wrote:

idk, me and this boy were friends. i dont know what to do!!! this girl is being realy insensitiv. ok so if i do decide to tell her im mad, how? it will have to be through txt

I'm not sure why you can't tell her how you feel to her face.

If you're afraid that she will tell your "crush" (or anyone for that matter) that you are mad at her, how is ut any different than texting her? In fact, I would think it was worse. If you tell her face to face (when no one else is around) you can always deny it if she starts blabbing and making things awkward for you. On the other hand, if you text her, she has the evidence and can share it with loads of people.

Sounds like you feel uncomfortable or even scared about telling her to her face what you feel. If so, this could be a bigger problem than all the other stuff.

You need to be able to verbally tell people to their face when you are upset with them, not because it's clearer than texting the same words, but because you need to be confident in yourself and assertive enough that you can address/confront someone who you feel has wronged you.

I'm not talking about screaming at her and calling her names, I'm talking about expressing to her (as calmly as possible) that what she did upset you and why. It's the sort of thing that you'll probably need more as an adult than as a teen, but better to get good at it now than wait until later when it will be harder to learn a new trick. 8 to 10 years from now when you have a job in an office, there will come a time when someone will do or say something that upsets or angers you. Would you send them a text? You could, I suppose, but it could easily be seen as childish, and if you need to set someone straight, it's much better to do it face to face. It gives you a dominant edge whereas texting it will telegraph to the other person that you're too scared to confront him or her. Bullies rely on fear and when you display it you encourage them.

I'm not saying your friend was a bully here, but, again, you need to practice assertiveness and this seems like a great opportunity. Stay calm and don't overdo it. Just tell her how you felt about what she did. Chances are she'll apologize and you two will have cleared the air. If she reacts with anger, and assuming you were calm and reasonable, she will reveal herself as someone who is unreasonable and perhaps not deserving of your friendship.

Girls need to be assertive as much as boys do and maybe even more so.
0 Replies

lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:38 pm
@lollypop35,
i just talked to my friend. she said that she was talking to my crush at school and said " if rachel (me) is mad at me im blamin git on u beacuse ur the one who looked at my txt" well someone heard and asked what happened. she said nothing but hes bothering her a lot. i told her not to tell, obiusly she said she wont, but i dont know if i can trust her.
jespah

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 05:48 am
@lollypop35,
Stop confiding in people you don't trust.
0 Replies