My bf cheated.. I need an outsider opinion

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 06:04 am
So ive recently found out that my boyfriend of 2 years has cheated on me. First off, we started in a long distance relationship (for a year and a half) and then he moved in with me for 6 months (recently broken up). Now, first off i found sneaky texts that were saved under one of his friends names which actually was his ex girlfriend where they both were telling each other how much they love and miss each other (now that he had moved across states to be with me) and also met up with her on multiple occassions without telling me - he is justifying this as comfort as her father passed away while they were dating and he is the only person she can speak to about it, which i understand but there was no need to talk to each other the way they did. Both my boyfriend and his ex gf swear it didnt mean anything and that they never physically cheated. We broke up but then I then forgave him and we moved on with our lives together. About a month after this, I went through his phone as there was no trust between us and i found an old conversation between him and another girl and she said "i wish we didnt have sex last night" and sent a picture of me because she had just found out about our relationship. From there he admitted that he had sex with her ONCE until i got a hold of her number and called her and it was actually a 3 month affair.. now he is non stop contacted me trying to get me back and apologising profoundly and saying how it will never ever happen again and he would never want me to go through anything like this ever again. Our relationship improved 100% once we moved in together and this all happened while we were in a long distance relationship. I obviously still love him as im considering taking him back because he keeps telling me how much things are going to change although i want an outside opinion. Has anyone else been through something similar? Or are there any success stories out there? im so scared because "once a cheater always a cheater" Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 890 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 07:20 am
@elizabeth15,
I'd go by ....

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

In other words, you caught him once, you guys made up and tried it again - he caught him again --- he has shown his is untrustworthy. Which I suspect you knew in your heart before hand as you were snooping because you did not trust him.

Do you really want to be involved with someone ...1) that you do not trust and 2) has shown twice - I'd even say 3 times as he lied about how many times he has been intimate with this woman - he is untrustworthy.

I think you know the answer.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 07:56 am
@elizabeth15,
Quote:
I went through his phone as there was no trust between us
This says it all. There is no trust. You do not trust him to the point of invading his privacy (his phone.) Can he repair your trust? Sure, it is possible.

It sounds like right after he moved in with you that he started sending his sneaky text to an ex-girlfriend with him writing that he loves her and misses her. Really, after just moving in with you? This sounds like a guy who does not know what he wants. That is not the guy you want to move in with you.

If, and it is a big if, you decide to give him another chance, I certainly would not let him move in until he has proven that his focus is on you and your relationship. Maybe that takes another 6 months of dating, maybe longer. Bottom line, be careful.

(I think you are better off cutting bait than trying to work things out. I just think you are in for a lot of heartbreak if you let him back into your life.)

Good luck, whatever you decide.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 08:03 am
How old is this dude? He clearly is not capable of an exclusive relationship. You must be under a lot of stress living with someone who acts like this. Who needs that in their life?
Ragman

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 08:13 am
@elizabeth15,
I'm sorry to read about this sadness and abuse you're enduring.

Not to be disrespectful or flip but I will be blunt here. Show your boyfriend where the curb is. He lies...repeatedly...hides like a coward and cheats...more than once with more than one person. Bubye, b/f.
0 Replies

Rvall006

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 01:38 pm
@Linkat,
Best advice: Move on. You know yourself that it's the best thing to do. Good luck.
0 Replies

elizabeth15

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 02:42 pm
@PUNKEY,
Im 20 and he is 22. I have kicked him out but he is currently staying in a motel because he has no friends or family up here.
0 Replies

elizabeth15

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 02:46 pm
@Linkat,
Yes i know and i do know the answer but it is so much easier said then done. This is my first boyfriend and im actually so scared of moving forward.
Thank you for your advice i have definitely taken in on board.
elizabeth15

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 02:58 pm
@CoastalRat,
Thanks for your response. No they were texting for months before he moved in with me. He states that he liked having her as a friend and that it was all harmless with no intention to hurt me and he changed her name so I wouldnt find out because i repeatedly asked him not to talk to her. I was always suspicious of her, especially when she started adding me on social network sites.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 04:59 pm
@elizabeth15,
Sadly it is always easier said than done. It will be scary at first, but it will be easier with time - most of us here have been through it so we understand. At the time it seems so difficult and scary but then years later you think to yourself --- thank goodness I got rid of that turd and didn't do anything dumb like marry him or stay with him any longer.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:26 am
@elizabeth15,
LOL!!! The old, "I only had sex with her once" line. Been there, heard that. Don't ever fall for that bull....
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:28 am
@PUNKEY,
Age makes no difference. It isn't something men "grow out of".
0 Replies

advice1234

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 04:20 am
@elizabeth15,
I'm in the same boat, my oh did this to me over two years ago and I can't trust him, I have no confident no friends or family and no one to tell what happened.

I'm hundreds of miles from home and I've no where to go.

I've put on three stone sitting in the house, I'm used to working. It doesn't get easier.

xx
0 Replies